Sunday, May 17, 2009

Today was a good day!

JDRF
Today was the walk for Juvenile Diabetes Research. I was walking with Team Hanfster and it was their first year, so no one knew what to expect. I was a little surprised at how few of people there were there. It was only the 4th annual Roll and Stroll, but I think because it was a nice day, that cut down on the number of walkers and supporters. Actually, that doesn't make any sense because if it was raining, there wouldn't be a bunch more walkers. . . I was glad to be there to support Laurie and her family. I've known Laurie the longest and it's been great getting together with her again. It's kind of neat because as we catch up, I feel like we are both at the right time in our lives to reconnect. It was fun to see all of Laurie & Jesse's family members that I remembered from so many years ago (we did A LOT together back then). Laurie's mom even got a little clogging during one of the songs they played at the walk. She used to practice when I'd be at their house and Laurie and I would laugh and I'd laugh even harder when Laurie tried to imitate her mom clogging ~ ahhhh, good times!!! It makes me smile as I sit here typing while Chris and Ken are chatting ~ yep, I look like a dork smiling to myself while looking at the computer LOL

When I got home from the walk, Brayton was disappointed that I didn't ask him to go. Opps! He was helping the guys work on the office, so I figured he wouldn't have time, but I promised him next year he could go with me if he wanted. I think the only thing he was interested in, though, was my green t-shirt. :-)

I bought a picture frame for the picture Taite made for me. I am simply amazed (yes, still) as what a good job he did!! I didn't really want to cover any of the picture up and I found the perfect picture where the glass is bigger than the picture so you see the color of the wall that is behind the picture. I hung this in our bedroom so I can look at it every day. I love it!!!


The wound is getting better. Here is my new scar after just one week. Today was the first day I went without a bandaid and neosporin. I think that my would would not be nearly as healed if I hadn't been religious about applying that.

The New and Improved Garage (well sort of)
Here is a picture of the rug I bought when garage saling with mom yesterday for $3 I really hope it will keep some of the mud out of the mudroom.



Here is a picture of the new lockers. Chris can't wait to get all the coats and shoes organized in them. Doesn't it feel good to get things organized?? I think it's a universal thing!



A little challenge
Late today, I noticed this Kleenex not quite in the garbage can, I was in a good mood and it reminded me of when you see an image in clouds. . . Do you see a dinosaur face in this?
On the right side is the open mouth and you could see the eye indention in the real thing but it didn't really come out too well in the picture. You can use your imagination for the neck and stuff too. It was kind of cool :~)




1 comment:

  1. I see it! I see the face:-) I LOVE the lockers. Can I buy a set too? That is perfect.

    I am glad your walk went well. I forgot to give you a donation when we went to the garage sales.

    Do you want to meet for coffee this week?

    ReplyDelete