Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sorry!!!

Okay, so I knew it had been a little while since my last posting, but I didn't think it had been a whole week! Good thing I'm in the mood to shorten things. . .

Monday
I watched Josey ~ it was interesting. I was trying to juggle work and her and it will take awhile. Not to mention I couldn't get to sleep Sunday night so I was tired. We napped in the rocking chair that afternoon and that was the longest nap she took all day.

Tuesday
Brayton didn't want to go to school (very unusual ~ he's normally the first one up) and Chris discovered he had a fever of 101.8 or something close to that (cut me some slack, it was a few days ago LOL). I warned Steph, but thankfully Josey had nothing. Bray was medicated all day due to his fever.
Wednesday
Brayton woke up w/o a fever (we were happy) but Taite didn't want to go to school because of his coughing. We figured out Taite's cough was only bad in the morning. We now have his meds done pretty well, so his coughing has improved considerably.

Thursday
Taite went to school, but Bray had to stay out because his fever came back at 5 last night. They have to be 24 hours without symptoms, so we hoped for a "well" day and got one. This was good because Monica and I had planned "coffee" on Friday morning after dropping the boys off at school because it was city-wide garage sales in Byron.

Friday
This was a long day. . .

Garage saling with Monica was fun except for one lady who kept practically grabbing things out of our hands and drove Monica crazy :~)

I picked up this with plans to cut a piece of plywood, add a piece of foam and cover to sell it on CL as a sort of entryway bench. I paid $3. . .


I also found a small bag of marbles for $.25 (you don't find marbles very often) and then Monica found me a book on marble games for a quarter too! It was meant to be! The first game we came to in the book that didn't require circles drawn in the dirt is where you cut "doors" in a cardboard box and shoo your marbles to score different points. Here is a picture of Chris and Brayton playing today.


While we were garage saling, I got a phone call from Lifeline that Grandma fell in the bathroom. The lady who called really pissed me off ~ I wouldn't normally say that, but she did! I told her I wouldn't be the one to respond (Chris was home or at the local rock quarry getting rock for around the shed, so I knew he was the closest) and as she is dealing (very slowly) with this information in her head, I finally hung up on her. How long does grandma have to lay there before help arrives because that lady was a dimwit???
I got my work caught up and thought I'd work some more on the bags I am making for the benefit the end of this month. I cut my arm with the rotary blade ~ not good. I had to drive to Grandma's (great) house because mom was the only one home with Josey (she can't handle blood) and Steph had taken Grandma to the ER because she hit her head and hurt her hand in her fall. By the time I got there and asked for help putting on a bandaid, I was about passed out. I used to pride myself on being able to handle these things, but as I get older, I am more and more like my mother. I ended up laying on the couch so I didn't pass out as my grandma (92 years old) got ointment for my wound . . . how embarrassing!
Saturday
We went garage saling (all of us) with mom & dad to Stewartville for their city-wide sales (dad had to take some seed back to the elevator, so we might as well all ride along and watch for signs!) It was very cold and Jeremy kept calling mom, so we were home before noon, I think. Taite got out only 3 times, I think ~ not sure why he went along, but he didn't complain, so that was good.
In the afternoon, Chris and I went to Rochester (yes, we left the boys alone) and weren't going to be gone long. Chris called the house about every 15 minutes and then when they didn't answer, mom went to check on them. They were playing in the garage and then wanted to ride with her to take the potato salad to the smelt feed for the church. It ended up that they were invited to the Old Country Buffet for supper (mom & dad, Sonja & Greg, Grandma & Greg's mom (Delores) & dad (Bing) were all going out to eat for Mother's Day). The boys love Bing and Delores and since they sold their camper and won't be going camping with us anymore, they love to see them whenever the opportunity arises :~) I told Taite not to talk to Bing too much, to let him eat too and Taite said "Is this a joke?!" The boys had to change their clothes before they left and we called (again) to see if they were getting their clothes changed and Brayton asked me what he should wear. It was so cute! He wanted to see if he needed a dressy shirt or not ;~) He ended up wearing a tie-dyed shirt, but his pants didn't have any stains. LOL
Today
Steph planned a brunch at mom & dad's house. It was really good and my super loving husband did most of the work for what we brought (fruit salad and pancakes ~ he cooked the pancakes too!). I love him so much!!! The boys had gifts from school. I love getting the personal things they make! Taite's picture is super cool, I thought he did a really good job!
Taite's gifts:
This picture is done with chalk, he made the origami flower pin in the upper right corner, a card and a coupon book with massages, help with supper and I can't remember off the top of my head what the other things were.
Brayton's gifts:
I love the card! He colored the tile and I had a little sheet where he filled out what he loves about me and then another sheet where he talked about how he loves to go garage saling with me because he likes all the fun stuff he gets. . . LOL The one thing I remember from the sheet he filled out was this:
The best thing I can give my mom is: her birthday (?what? it made me laugh!!)
So Happy Mother's Day to all of you!
Side Note
Remember my posting about my friend's daughter with diabetes? Well, the walk is coming up in a week and I was on their team's site to see about the donations. . . Their goal was $1000 and they still don't have it ~ so if you could find it in the bottom of your heart, please go to this link and even just $5 would help :~) I would so love for them to exceed their goal, but at least we want them to meet it! http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87334739 Thank you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Holly cow. I thought your arm was going to talk. It looks like you have a mouth on it:-)

    ReplyDelete