Last night Brayton didn't want to eat supper. He had only had a small bowl of cereal for snack, but then only ate fruit for supper (and we had really yummy enchiladas!). He was tired, so I suggested he take a bath to cheer up (and get clean). When he was done, he was cold (I chalked it up to him being in the water for 45 minutes) so we put on really warm footy pj's and dried his hair. I went to check on him at 9:30 (he was in bed at 7) and his cheek felt normal, his hands were a little warm, but he tucks them under his chin when he sleeps, so that didn't seem odd. He asked for a bottle of water and said his body hurt all over. I got him water and Tylenol and moved the baby monitor to his room. Chris went and checked on him and he had 102 degree fever. . . I swear I felt him and he didn't feel hot! So, of course, I was in trouble. . .
Bray eventually moved upstairs (Chris put him in the rocking chair) and I moved him to our bed where he promptly fell asleep. Chris kept poking him and checking him, but he was very tired. We finally took off his jammies and let him sleep in his boxers. At 12:30 Chris gave him Advil and he slept through the night. This morning he has no fever, looks better, but isn't running around like he would normally be and said his lungs hurt when he breathes. I'm hoping what he had for breakfast is a sign that he's on the mend. . . He wanted scrambled eggs and OJ. I brought that on a tray and asked if he wanted any toast ~ yep, he did. Then I remembered he only ate fruit last night so offered pear or oranges. He wanted an orange. I checked on him periodically this morning and he ate everything!!! Scrambled eggs, toast, orange and orange juice. We have an appt. at 1:30 to see the Dr who froze Taite's wart (which isn't healed or changed at all. . .) {:~)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

Matthew was sick yesterday. However, within an hour after calling the school he seemed normal. He has to spend the whole day in bed. I too am sick of all the crud.
ReplyDelete