Monday, October 27, 2008

Grandma's Birthday

Tonight we went out to eat at the Hog Trough, er, The Old Country Buffet I mean, to celebrate Grandma's 92nd birthday (which actually is tomorrow, but for scheduling reasons we celebrated today). After the eating was done and the conversations began, the boys were coming up with some creative ways to stay entertained. I can honestly say I like where they entertain themselves and I don't have to come up with the entertainment for them. Not that I could do it quite like they do. . .

They began with a game of "Am I thinking of 'A' or 'B' scenario", which evolved into weird food creations (carrot cake, carrot pie, carrot chicken nuggets. . .) and ended with a spelling challenge. Taite was asking Brayton how to spell words and then it turned into me giving them both a word to spell. I started with egret : ) Steph thought the boys' games were funny and somewhat weird, but I thought it was creative and whatever worked to keep them from going crazy! After all we were there for 2 hours!!

Brayton got all the words right on his spelling pretest so he doesn't have to take the final test on Friday. . . The ironic thing ~ last week on his pretest and final test he spelled step wrong because he always writes the 'p' backwards! We practiced and (erased and re-wrote everyday) the letter 'p' and he still got it wrong on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment