Sunday, October 26, 2008

I love this time of year. . .



Well, not so much that I don't get sick of it, but I do enjoy being able to sew without feeling guilty for not being outside. My favorite thing to sew are bags. I don't think you can have too many! I don't like to just sew them, though. I like to see how creative I can be to use small pieces of fabric and still come up with something cute!
Here is Steph's bag. She liked the beach fabric that has the blue background, but I didn't have enough. I saw these squares in a pillowcase pattern and decided to use them on this bag. It turned out sooo cute! I found the blue poka-dot fabric to match the blue plaid in the main fabric that the other colors were pulled from. I hope she likes it as much as I do, otherwise I'll have to give her mine, I suppose (below) :)

We even put the big heavy comforter on the bed today! I love sleeping with the "winter" sheets! I didn't get out my snowman plates yet, but they are next ~ it did snow most of the day today AND we had a high wind warning, whatever that means. I thought they only issued those in the summer for the boaters, but apparently they don't want anyone boating today. . . LOL

2 comments:

  1. I want one! How much do you charge? I want a brown and blue one. I will trade you a bunch of vinyl! Those are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't charge my friends! You'll have to come with me to find the fabric because I was going to make myself a brown/blue or brown/pink one and I can't find any material I like!

    ReplyDelete