Okay, so I don't really have anything important or any pictures, just some stuff!
1. Don't use Splenda for melting (as in Special K bars/scotcheroos or whatever you want to call them) We'll probably pour the cereal out of the pan when we are done with the bars and pour milk on it, I'm sure Brayton will like it (the peanut butter part didn't spread nicely so there is a bunch of cereal not "adhered" to the bars ~ you didn't think we'd throw the whole pan out did you? With all that yummy chocolate?!)
2. If you are looking for a really GOOD recipe to clog your arteries, we had it tonight and I can send you the recipe. It had salmon (don't think it offset the cheese & half & half though), shrimp, cheese, etc. Oh it was soooo good and then I thought we'd make the copy cat recipe of the Red Lobster biscuits. I read some of the modifications the people posted on the website and if you didn't know I was trying to copy the RL version, you wouldn't be disappointed. :-)
3. Saturday we went to the Book Mobile (comes to Salem ~ 4 miles from our house on every-other Saturday) and I was so excited to get Brayton some chapter stories! He quickly deflated my efforts when he informed me that he only reads stories with 10 chapters. . . The Magic Tree House book he is reading in his classroom only has 10 chapters ~ no more, no less! Sheesh! So, he brought home a Magic Tree House book from the school library today. Chris put him to bed tonight (or so I thought) and I was sewing downstairs when Brayton came to ask me if he could quit reading and go to bed!!!! HELLO~ I thought he was in bed, oh no, he was waiting for me to tell him to go to bed.
4. So, tomorrow I am torn. . . Brayton's class is going on a field trip to Oxbow Park (who - hoo) and I feel an obligation to go, but not really a desire. For the sole reason that Chris is supposed to go to the bank in Owatonna that NI Midstar has an account at to sign some papers. This is relevant to me how you ask? Well, Owatonna is right near the Outlet Mall in Medford and I just happen to have $10 off any purchase at the Bass outlet ~ LOVE THAT STORE!! So, I feel shallow and like a bad mom (Brayton did ask if I was coming along with him. . .)
5. On DishNetwork this month we have free the DIYNetwork channel. This has basically turned into me torturing myself watching all these renovations and drooling over what we could be doing to our house! Not that I don't like our house, don't get me wrong, I just like the ideas that are out there now. I even watched a show called something like Building a Man Cave and was inspired~ I'm not even a guy!!!
Well, anyway, nothing big going on here, just thought I'd share some things with you all ~ and to keep a certain reader from hounding me for not updating daily :O LOL!! Just kidding S.I.E.
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment