Thursday, October 2, 2008

It strange how the boys grow up like "all of a sudden". In the last week, Taite has come home with a few things that prove this. The first thing was a program they have at school for good readers/students. There are only a few chosen for this "Cub Time" reading enrichment program (cub as in we are the Byron Bears. . .). He was very excited to be chosen for this ~ we are too! We all think our kids are so smart and such, but it's nice for the school to recognize this as well ~ LOL!! The second sheet he brought home was about being a Student Council rep. When they are in 3rd grade they can only represent their class and in 4th grade they actually "run" for the positions of president, treasurer, etc. I had not given any thought about these things because I never participated, but I am glad he has decided to see if he can be chosen as a rep. They have to actually vote by class to see who gets the positions. I think this is a great opportunity for him!


Brayton is too young for this stuff yet (thank goodness!) so he still works on stuff like a Pokemon building or something. There are some toys I decided not to part with because of their ability to span many ages and one of them is this set of blocks. Brayton digs it out every once in awhile and this is his latest creation. Unfortunately, it is right in the middle where everyone walks, but it's stayed upright for a couple of days with only one "incident". I bought him a table to do homework at because the dining room table seems just too big and so I knocked over part of the tower when I was trying to get it out of the box. Brayton rebuilt bigger and better and LOVES his new table too! We don't have a chair for it so he is using his rocking chair until we come up with something, but he used it all night last night for homework, playing, reading! Here is a picture of The Tower :-) This is what he created on Print Shop ~ he wanted to "do that thing on the computer where you see the picture and can add words" ~ a kid after my own heart! I love the Print Shop software!
Oh yeah, Chris comes home today! YEAH!

1 comment:

  1. I did not know they had that at school. That is wonderful! They do grow up when you are not looking. It is so sad.

    ReplyDelete