Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hey There!
I apologize for neglecting you, my loyal readers (all 2 of you) :-) I have a cold and it's slowly getting better, so I no longer have an excuse LOL!
Friday

My mom and I accompanied Taite on his field trip to the Hands On Historical visit (to the Historical Society). I had NO idea how big this day was! They arrived about 9:15 and were done at 2! When I was a kid, we toured the building and made butter, then got to eat it on crackers and I thought that was cool, boy was I in for a treat. The kids went to different "stations" all day and I bet they would've had to go 3 days to see all of the stations. We started with old time baseball and learned some interesting differences:

Pitcher was called the Hurler
Catcher the Behind
Batter was Striker

When the batter was running they would yell "Lag-it or Leg-it" (I'm not sure)
You can see in the picture their uniforms are even old fashioned





After the kids all got a turn batting then the adult chaperone's and teacher had to hit the ball and all the kids were in the outfield. It was fun! Then the lady showed them how the balls are made by hand with rubber bands, yarn, tape, and leather.


Some of the other things the kids learned was how shingles were cut, they watched a gravel maker? (it literally chomped up pieces of stone), listened to a guy describe his groups journey up the Mississippi river to find the origin, watched a Medicine show, washed clothes, played old fashioned games and made rope. It was a beautiful day and some kids even got a little sunburned (we had no idea that they were going to be outside the whole day).




























































Saturday


For the last couple of years, my mom & dad have gotten invited to a Coldwell Banker Realty Appreciation Day. There is always a handwritten note for them to bring the whole family so this year we did! Jeremy, Amber, Landen, Mason, me and the boys, mom & Steph went. Last year the weather was terrible; this year it wasn't raining ~ it was cool, but not raining. They had hot dogs, brats, cookie decorating, door prizes (mom & Steph won), gift bags for the kids, blow up things, games, candy, Bingo and every family got to take a pumpkin home. The boys had a blast! They were disappointed we had to leave early so Taite could go to a birthday party.

















Today Chris left for his 3 and final trip of this months trips with the Japanese. Last night we were cleaning up from supper and he was discussing the economy ~ yes, it was a one sided conversation :-) After he was talking for a little while (I wasn't saying much ~ that's his job to worry) I laughed and told him I was going to miss him. He paused and after a little while said "Oh, you mean tomorrow!" He thought I meant I'll miss him after his heart gives out after all this worrying and stress ~ LOL!! You have to see why I love him so much! The boys' school pictures were sent home yesterday and I thought htey turned out really well! I also had to include updated pictures of our nephews/cousins. They are almost 2 now and are really busy, but so much fun!


1 comment:

  1. That is a great post! Love the way you did your pictures. I hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete