I know I haven't added anything for a few days and I apologize. I had a good birthday, in case anyone was wondering. I had a few unexpected birthday wishes, so that's always nice :-)
Today I got to meet my friend from college, Jenni. I ordered more Norwex (if you don't use it, you should!!!) I should take before and after pics of Taite's shorts/jeans. Today they had grass stains, ketchup, markers and dirt. I pretreated the ketchup and some of the other stains, but I'd have soaked the whole pair, but didn't have time before throwing them in the wash. They came out and the two ketchup stains were still faintly there, so I treated them again and I'm sure it will come out the second time. Everything else was gone after the first washing ~ I am still always in awe when this happens!
So anyway, my story about today is we met at the mall for lunch and it was freezing in there and I decided to order a Turtle Mocha from Caribou ~ YUMM! I was talking with Jen and when I went to grab my purse (not watching) I knocked their tip mug on the ground. Well, it didn't fare so well as I watched in horror as it broke into about 5 large pieces and a few smaller pieces! I apologized and looked at the girl as she rolled her eyes and HUFFED at me (can you believe it?). I picked up the money (only $1.16 ~ apparently she'd been crabby all day!) and Jenni picked up the glass pieces while her daughter hid in her sweater. Yes, not only do I embarrass my children, now I've moved onto tormenting my friends kids! I won't be surprised if I don't hear from Jenni again ~ just kidding Jen, I know you'll have another Norwex party sometime :D
We continued to visit (chose to ignore the younger girl working ~ she actually counted the money I had picked up and put on the counter, as if this was my ploy to steal her $1 in tips!) and when the guy was finally done making my drink he brings it over to the counter, sets it down (while looking only at the counter) and walks away while saying "thanks." Geez, what did they want from me a $10 so they could get another mug ~ duh, they provide them at the store! Two things here: I was going to add to the tips that I dumped on the floor UNTIL I received the huff and eye-rolling in my face and second, Jenni was going to get something, but changed her mind after the treatment I'd received. I felt bad and you can't tell me this has never happened before. . . So there is some justice in this world as at the end of my receipt was a survey I could fill out online :-) Yep, you guessed it ~ I filled that out as soon as I got home!!!
So last night Brayton's light bulb on his night light burned out. We didn't have any more that were only 4 watts, but we did have a brighter one that I could put into the night light and could kind of hide, so he'd actually get some sleep while it was on (so his brain wouldn't think it was noon all night). So today I did pick up more light bulbs but didn't have it replaced in his night light yet. The boys were both downstairs and I went to see what they were doing ~ it was unusual for them to be ready for bed without hounding them and reminding them so I figured they were playing their Gameboys (I got 4 new games from CL last night and they were SOO excited). Anyway, I knocked on Brayton's door and went in and sure enough he was in bed! Then I noticed a strange smell. . . I looked over and he'd turned his night light on and covered it with a crotchet thing (his teacher used them last year for reading on the floor and the kids got to take one at the end of the year if they wanted) ~ IT WAS BURNING! Okay, not in flames yet, but that was the smell I smelled and when I took that thing off, it was brown from being so hot!!! Talk about your heart stopping! I was so upset by what could have happened and then I couldn't get the %$#&@ light out of the socket, I almost just ripped the whole thing out of the wall. All I could think of was we haven't practiced our fire drill for exiting the house yet and Taite has been asking to do that! Sheesh, I'm still a little wound up about it, can you tell?
So, I will end by inviting any of you to call and chat these next few weeks as I'll be flying solo at home/work while Chris is traveling (for work of course!). Well, he's having a business dinner tonight and he leaves tomorrow morning for Winnipeg at 7 am and comes home Saturday night @ 6. Then Sunday afternoon he drives to Milwaukee headed to Michigan and returns on Wednesday. Then he leaves after that sometime, but I'm not sure when or for how long. He doesn't keep this stuff on his calendar ~ that would be too convenient for me :-)
Remember to thank God for small miracles!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I'm starting to be concerned about leaving my child in your care in the Spring....lmao! Kidding, put your phone down you don't need to call me all huffy. :)
ReplyDelete