So today is my dad's birthday! Happy Birthday Dad/Grandpa! We went over to mom & dad's house for supper and the whole gang was there (except for Jeremy and Chris, both working). Before we went, however, there is a little story to go along with this celebration. I picked the boys up from school because we had some shopping to do and I had to see if "the check" was good (you know, the one for the tractor!). I brought along Brayton's spelling homework because I knew they would have time to work on it while I was driving and Taite had his in his binder he takes to school. After 15 minutes at Wells Fargo (trying to cash the check ~ it was good) the boys were done with their homework, well, Taite was done writing his spelling words and I reminded him he had to work on his spelling sheets and his math review sheets. The Wells Fargo thing took way more time than it should have because I should have told the "banker" that he could save his breath, I am strictly a Credit Union Girl!!! But, I didn't, I was polite and didn't even throw the brochure he gave me away in the lobby (man, am I nice or what??). LOL Anyway, we got home from running our errands at Shopko and I asked Taite if he was done with his homework and he complained and said he wanted a break. I could understand, but knew we would be a little late getting home tonight and he was supposed to get a good night sleep because they have testing tomorrow. . .or is it Thursday? Well, we came home from the Birthday supper and Taite hadn't finished his homework like he said he had and I was mad. Why couldn't he just do it like I'd asked instead of argue with me? I learn to appreciate what my parents went through more and more every day ~ I LOVE YOU GUYS!! ;-)
Chris called tonight to tell me to pass along a happy birthday to my dad and to tell him, he was going to get him a present, but he got a shoe shine instead. Today they ended the day in Chicago and they were walking along downtown and this guy told Chris he just wanted to show him something. Next thing he knows, he's got "shit on his shoes"! This guy ends up shining his shoes and all Chris has for money is a $20, so he was mad when he said "Well, it's your lucky day, all I have is a $20!" What can you do when the guy says, "Whatever you can spare, just so I can feed my family." Chris is not used to being scammed :-)
Tonight the twins were at mom & dad's and they are at the age of Taite when he fell in love with trains. I remember I would take him to daycare and the whole time during play time, he held onto the Thomas train and played with it. He was so attached to it that if any kids arrived before he did, they dug out the Thomas train and saved it for Taite and then gave it to him when he got there. It seems like not so long ago. . . We talk about every year and wonder if this is the year he will get as tall as me and right now I can see above his head, but not for long! I am excited because I am going with his class to their 1 field trip this year (cutbacks) and they are going to the Historical Society. I remember going there when I was in Elementary school and we got to help make butter. It was soooo good! The only disappointment was we only got like 2 crackers with butter on them. I hope we make butter on Friday ;-)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment