Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday ~ update :-)

Well, I just had a few things I thought I'd share with those who are near and dear to us. My mom, sister and I had a garage sale last weekend and we are now RICH!!! Well, that may be somewhat of an overstatment. LOL I did make $250 which was great, but it's going a little faster than I would like :)

When I got home from the garage sale on Saturday Brayton was conjested in his head AND chest ~ that was fast! Only in school for 4 days and already a cold! Better get the Singulair filled. So Sunday after Sunday school I took Taite to get some new bedding for his new lofted bed. Bray stayed home, so it was just he and I. He thoroughly enjoys these times together, just the two of us. We went out to eat at Arby's and laughed and talked. It really was fun, until we got home and I had to unload the van all by myself. We got the loft off of Craigslist and it had a bookshelf built in on the one end, so we've made that a little reading area using one of the odd chairs we had in the house and on the other end of his bed, we are going to use a countertop my dad had and cut it for a desk. That is really how this all started, he wanted a desk in his room so we had to get him to loft his bed. He has the smallest bedroom in the house and had a queen size bed in it! We are going to get an XL mattress so he'll have plenty of room length-wise as he grows. This may be the year he gets taller than me :D


Last night I made a new soup recipe that my sister gave me and when I put it on the table, Taite comented that it looked terrible. I reminded him of that comment after he'd had 2 large helpings! Brayton was eatting and asked if this was a new recipe, I said it was and he informed us it tasted like the soup that Zippy cooks! Zippy is his Webkinz. I bought the boys each one this summer and Brayton lives in Webkinz world ~ almost literally! Zippy loves to cook and Brayton has decorated Zippy's room in Webkinz world by earning Kinz cash. Let me tell you, we know all about Zippy! (Zippy is on the right, Rascal is on the left)
Tonight we had the parent/teacher meeting for the beginning of school. She said there are pictures and will be more pictures added on her website. So you can look at them here is how you get there:
http://www.rschooltoday.com/se3bin/clientschool.cgi?schoolname=school202
hover your mouse over Academics and a drop-down list will appear
go down to the First Grade and another drop-down list will appear
his teacher is Stacy Bendzick

You can use the same website to get to Taite's teachers' website, but go to the Third Grade and his teacher is Elise Hansen.

So, there isn't much going on here, but thought I'd share a little insight into our world as it's been. The boys were excited the Vikings were on tonight! That will be fun to watch football with the boys ~ their latest passion outside it to play catch with dad. Taite was eyeing up a jersey at Dick's Sporting goods ~ "everyone has them!" of course it was $60 YOUCH! I guess his birthday is coming up and by that time his tune may change about the Vikes ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny. Your story about Zippy cracks me up. I can see Matthew saying that same thing. Sorry I missed you at the parent meeting.

    ReplyDelete