Friday, September 19, 2008

Just today. . .

Okay, so this isn't a spunky post or however you would label the previous ones. Tonight I had to take Brayton to get a birthday present for the party he is going to tomorrow. The party is Pokemon themed, so of course he wanted to get Pokemon cards (for the gift) but then it turned into Taite getting a pack and Brayton too. With the understanding they will pay me back when I get home of course! So Taite's had 3 small packs and one round plastic thing about the size of a quarter. This plastic piece is really nothing, just a piece of junk that they throw in the packaging so you feel like you are getting a better deal. Taite convinced Brayton that it was cool, so he traded that plastic piece for a Pokemon card, which they really use when "battling". I already stated that this plastic chip is worth nothing, but this is something Taite is good at (i.e. he made Bray give him a GameBoy game because Brayton had to borrow Taite's GameBoy one time since Brayton's battery was dead ~ just a one time borrow on the bus ride). For some reason I have this parent guilt like where did I go wrong that our older son will take advantage of the younger one and be as happy as can be because he came out on top! I discussed this with him and how it doesn't really fit the "dreams" I had of our kids getting along with each other and sticking up for each other. I think he understands somewhat, I'm sure he will for sure understand when they are older, but it's just disappointing.

Oh, almost forgot, I got a call from the Caribou coffee that "The Incident" happened at and they said I can come in and get a free cup of whatever ~ because of the misunderstanding. . . I'm not sure who had the misunderstanding, but it's not too difficult to misinterpret a teens body language (eye rolling and huffing). Whatever. . .

1 comment:

  1. You could always borrow Beau for the day...he still likes to be a lap dog and loves getting attention :)

    ReplyDelete