Okay, I wasn't exactly done with all I had to tell about our weekend. (we had a lot of fun) ;)
At this campground they provide tubes to their campers (free) if you just tube from the one end of the campground and get out at the end of the campers. One night the boys decided to do it and then Brayton fell out of his tube (before I could even get Taite in his) and
was soaked. These
tubes didn't have a hole in the middle, so they didn't have to get wet until they got out because the just jumped into them from the bank ~ so much for that. So Taite and Bray tubed for a short distance and then Taite wanted to get out. It looked like a lot of fun, so after Sonja had blown up (with a pump) a dragon thing we had brought, we took that to Bray and she and I both hopped in a tube. There was a lot of laughing and giggling going on, but when it was over we were ready for warm showers.
Now for the Brayton story. . . One day we couldn't find Brayton, which can be scary and not so much at a small campground because in most cases they found a friend and moved from the playground to the friends camper. So this day, the lady who was working in the store at the main office said she'd seen him and there were some boys about the age of 6 camping in these two campers (she pointed them out). I went to check it out since we'd been looking now for about 10 minutes. I knocked on the door and she said "Oh you must be here for the other Brayton." ?!?! After a little discussion, her son was named Brayton too and was born in Rochester at Methodist (our Brayton was born at Olmsted) and the other Brayton's birthday was April 3rd (ours ~ the 9th). So this isn't even the weirdest part. . . she said when she was in the hospital, there was another Brayton born when her son was at the same hospital!! I am still in awe over that one. And we thought we had a unique name :)
Well yesterday was the first day of school and all went GREAT! The boys both came home raving about their teachers. Even though Brayton can't always remember his teachers name, he loves her. Here are their before school pictures (Taite's picture so reminds me how he is growing up ~ Bray still likes to be cuddled once in awhile, but Taite and his crooked smile: 
Yesterday was also a milestone for Chris and I. When I quit working, wayyyy back when Brayton was a baby, it was our goal that I could stay home until both boys were in school all day, every day (for Kindergarten, they go all day, but only every other day) and we MADE IT!! We have truly been blessed and our boys have no idea how lucky they are. LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment