Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm the star of the week! Oh, wait, can I nominate myself??


Okay, so I may not be the star of the week, but sometimes it's so much fun being creative for and with your kids! Brayton and I worked after school and before supper to finish his "All About Me" sheet that's due for school. They have 1 sheet, both sides in a plastic protective sleeve to fill out about themselves. We did like a scrapbook idea and it turned out so cute! Bray is so excited because he's sure his will be the coolest one in the class (I kind of told him it would be. . .well, I'm sure it will!)



So after finishing that project a whole week early (a HUGE feat since I am a procrastinator!) I decided to tackle another project ~ a self imposed project. When we had the teacher/parent meeting this Monday night, Mrs. Bendzick mentioned that when the students are the Star of the Week (one week per year for each student where they get to tell everyone about themselves, their favorite toy, etc., whatever is special to them), it's really cool when they bring in a pillow case and have the other kids sign it. Well, I just happen to have some school themed fabric and found a pattern for making pillow cases. I bought some white stars on white fabric (get it?!) and it turned out soooo cute! I can hardly wait until he is the student of the week, but it'll probably be next spring and I'll forget I even made this pillow case. Oh well, maybe I can sell it on CL! LOL!
I must mention at this point that I LOVE the automatic saving this blogging site does! I got all of this done and my computer decided to close all of my internet windows ~ not cool. Not to worry, though, I just logged back in and continued on my saved draft! Gotta LOVE it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment