Thursday, September 11, 2008

School is still fun!



Well, the boys are still enjoying school. Us, not so much. . . Taite had some math homework last night that we were all trying to figure out. Last year we had "cheat sheets" that were sent for the parents use! Tonight we have the parent/teacher meeting for the beginning of the year, so maybe we can talk her into giving us the sheet.

Brayton made this headband the other day in school and on the sides he had drew pictures of things he really liked. He stressed how much they really had to like these things. They were: some bear they have in their classroom, Christmas and making pictures. The last was noted by what I thought was a camera screen with the cross thing in the middle so you have it centered on what you are taking a picture of, but he informed me it was just making pictures, so drawing, I guess. Normally he takes pictures of all kinds of things, but what do I know!

One of the things on the list for school supplies was a enclosed pencil sharpener. Just the other day Brayton came home and told me that his pencil sharpener didn't work. I said, "Didn't work? Why not?!" He said, "I put my pencil in it and nothing happened!" I guess I didn't show him how to use a manual pencil sharpener. :-)

Little bit of trivia: On this day 7 years ago, I had my first doctor appointment when I was pregnant with Brayton. I turned on the radio to hear about the horrors in New York. I went back to work after my appointment and hugged Taite with tears in my eyes for all of those families who wouldn't get a chance to hug their loved ones again. I will never forget where I was. . .

1 comment:

  1. I was laying in bed, 5 months pregnant with Matthew, holding my stomach crying thinking of all the pregnant women who would never get to meet the baby inside them. I think that moment changed me even more because I was pregnant. Weird to think that we all have that in common in Matthew and Brayton's class

    ReplyDelete