Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's finally here!

Friday Brayton brought home his 4 legged animal from art class. Here is the picture:Can you guess what it is? A Bear! I guessed the character from the Ice Age movie, but couldn't remember his name. Brayton said he didn't remember a bear in that movie and I don't think I crushed his feelings though, when I told him I didn't think it was a bear in the movie, it's just what this bear looks like.
For those of you who do not know of the movie, I copied a picture off the internet (yes, it may be illegally, but why don't they protect it if they don't want you to do that?) anyway, here is a picture of Sid (also from the net):
See the resemblance? It's in the eyes and nose, I think, the most. :-)
On Friday I helped in Bray's class with stations ~ I LOVE that age! From about 1st grade on down, is the age group I miss teaching (well, depending on who you talk to, some would not call it teaching because I only have a 4 year degree and it wasn't in early-ed, but whatever). They are so happy and full of energy. The one group I had there were 4 boys and one girl and they were all talking and got to giggling. I couldn't tell them to quiet down because as Lori use to say when I worked with her, and her dad would say ~ "there is no better sound than kids having fun" or something to that effect. I try and remember it when the boys are running around and making lots of noise. I would much rather have them be doing that than in a bed sick somewhere! So, thank you God for their health! It was just 6 years ago we had to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital with Taite while he cried and begged to go home all during the 3 days we were there! UGH, don't want to do that EVER again!
Well, we don't have much else going on here and I'd better go get the chili on the table.

1 comment:

  1. It looks just like him! Too funny. I also love this age. They are so full of energy and a crazy imagination.

    ReplyDelete