Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween, but first. . .

I was going to start with the beautiful weather and what a great day it was for Halloween yesterday, but first, a little venting. . . So last night my dad went hunting and hit a deer. He could find blood only where the deer was standing when he hit it but couldn't find anything beyond that, so he thought he would look for it this morning. The boys stayed overnight at Grandma & Grandpa's last night, so knowing Chris was going over there to help my dad this morning, I bagged up clothes (they always ask to stay overnight when we are already at their house), found their water boots, orange hats and mittens/gloves to send over with Chris so the boys could go along. I knew they would want to and Taite has been asking about hunting, so this would be a perfect opportunity to see at least on part of it (he would have a little trouble at this age with the keeping quiet part!) I just called over to see if they all left and Chris didn't even mention that I had sent clothes and boots/hats/mittens so the boys could go along! I'm sure he had a perfectly good reason, they would walk too slow or something ~ oh wait, you can't walk fast when trailing a deer anyway ~ you might miss something. So, it must be something else I can't think of right now. . . (LATER UPDATE: Brian took the boys out to help search ~ note to self: do not send them in fleece again! Brayton's sweatshirt is full of stickers and so are his gloves)


Yesterday (back to the happy stuff ;) I helped in Brayton's classroom with the class party. It was beautiful outside with mid 60's and a lot of classes were taking advantage of the nice weather. I had planned on getting to school a little early to take a few pictures of Taite's class party, but that didn't work out, so I got a few of Brayton ~ raising his hand (the one in yellow) because he thought he knew the answer to the poem about something with one horn, big and you get out of it's way when it's coming at you . . . he guessed rhino, but it was really a truck! They got to decorate their own cookies and eat them, they played some relay in the hallway, I was in charge of helping them make bats and they played Halloween Bingo. Brayton's teacher mentioned that he likes to joke around once in awhile if she asks him a question ~ I forgot to mention we do that a lot at home, but I think she knows :-)















For Halloween, the boys were a pirate and a ghost ~ I have no idea how Bray got the idea that his costume was a ghost, but everyone called him the grim reaper and he couldn't figure that out! LOL Then I got a picture of me with both of the boys ~ oh wait, the angel is actually Masie (Macy), I have a little less facial hair ~ the halo threw me off!
When we told the boys to get their costumes on, they wanted to wait until it was dark out ~ previous years, the daylight savings time made it dark for trick-or-treating. Being a Friday night there were a lot of people not home.

No comments:

Post a Comment