Last night since the boys didn't have school today, we went shopping! The boys were sooo excited (okay, I made that part up!) It did turn out to be an excellent night for shopping though. Most of the stores we went to were having a sale 30% off (and some that was in addition to already marked down items). The first store we went to was Gymboree and I got the twins and outfit each for their birthdays. Then we went to J.Jill ~ Jane got me hooked on their t-shirts are basically what they are. The one style is called a crossover and I bought a square necked one last night which I also LOVE! They are the softest shirts and after the discount they are almost the price you would pay for a shirt at Walmart or Target! Gotta love it. The funny thing was when Jane and I went shopping there in Sioux City, they have these chairs that are right inside the doors and that's where the boys sat while we shopped. So last night when we walked in Taite plopped in the chair right away ~ I had to laugh to myself! Then we went to the Toy Zone which is an educational toy store and they were having 30% off everything there too, so we finished shopping for the twins' birthdays and got them Christmas presents! Oh and did I mention that my mom has 30% off at Kohls too? Had to go there too! I have to admit that my favorite thing to get there when we have 30% is the Hallmark cards (Fresh Ink). I love to stock up on them and read them! I wish I could come up with them because if I could, I would be rich (mostly by my own purchasing, but that's beside the point, right?) For some of you, here's an example: "You know those tall, elegant chicks that look like models? Strangers ask them if they're models and they say, 'Thanks, but no, I'm not,' and the strangers say 'Well, you could be. . .'" (inside) Well, I think we could be frickin' models, too! LOL I LOVE THESE CARDS! Okay, one more: If you're not going to snort, why even laugh?
So even though the boys didn't have school, that does not mean that Brayton's brain takes a break. . . He first drew me a picture of a pirate (note the peg leg and hook) who is on a ship with a very heavy flag (hence all the support ropes and strong piece of wood parallel to the flag pole). I told dad he may finally get the engineer he's always wanted in the family, he'll just have to wait 20 more years :-)
Next Brayton comes to me with a kleenex box he's took his frustrations out on. He stomped on it ripped it and a few other things ~ he told me I should try it because it felt good (we may need to see a psychiatrist LOL). So he takes his ripped up box and turns it into a knight costume with a few rubber bands. . . Notice the pride in that smile. We did have to use a few pieces of tape to hold on the eye mask thing, but everything else is rubber bands. Funny story ~ he comes to me after awhile and asks me to put these small pieces of soft fabric under the rubber bands on his arms because they hurt. . . his hands were a little funny colored because he had the rubber bands so tight!!! I made him take them off before his hands fell off, much to his dismay!
The boys are happy that Chris is coming home tomorrow because I won't have to drag them along shopping anymore. I was very nice when they were complaining about how much time we spent in town when I reminded them that's why they brought their Gameboys :-) Always planning! But seriously there were no boys harmed in the quest for great deals!
Oh, I just remembered a friend emailed me a website to go to and adopt a soldier, it's http://www.anysoldier.com/ . A few of us over here have been burned a little helping "needy" families in the area (they acted like it was just due them to receive a carload (***yes, carload ~ no exaggeration***) of gifts and money for groceries, no thank you (verbal or handwritten ~ yes the address was included for their reference) and didn't even help unload) which is really too bad because they ruined it for us and others who really are in need! So last year I sent a care package to my cousin who was serving in Iraq and she was thrilled!!! I'm sure they get gift baskets and stuff purchased in bulk, but don't forget to throw in a few gourmet coffees or something a little special (watch Target's clearance ~ they always have great stuff there) and treat a soldier. I know it's their job, but it would still suck to be away from your family for the holidays (or maybe not so much. . .) LOL!! Let the Holidays begin!

Thank you Lisa for putting that on your blog. I promise the soldiers will be very thankful! Funny about the boys!
ReplyDelete