Monday, November 10, 2008

Tonight I had a good productive night, just doing those little odd jobs that pile up until you say "I need to get those done!" Most of, okay, all of my jobs were in my sewing room. I finished the bag my mother-in-law ordered for a co-worker, put buttons on the collars of a $.99 shirt I got Chris at Savers, fixed some bras that the plastic pieces broke on (no, not from "supporting" so much as being washed many times ~ I think our washer is hard on clothes) and took off some worn out elastic on a basket liner and replaced it. It always feels so good to get that sort of thing done so why don't I do that more often???





Geez, I just realized it's been awhile since I last posted, so sit tight, this could be a long ride :-)





Friday afternoon we got to go visit Taite's first grade teacher ~ they have a special bond, those two and it was nice for me to get out of the house and Bray liked playing with the baby and his toys. Of course the boys loved the homemade cookies she had made and ready for them (remember I'm not a big cookie maker, I prefer homemade bread) :-) So the cookies were really a treat!

Saturday morning I spent cleaning the house. It always seems to be neglected when Chris is away. I got most of it done and the boys helped. One of their jobs was to pick up the garbage. At one point all I heard was Taite saying "Bray! You need to be careful!" and then the cone vac was going, and going, and going. I chose not to investigate :-) It was good to have Chris home again because we all miss him and then the boys ask daily when he is coming home.

On Sunday Taite had a birthday party to go to that started at 12:15 on the east side of Rochester (we live on the southwest side of Rochester). So Chris couldn't believe someone would schedule a party during the Viking's / Packer's game!! My suggestion was to record it and just watch it when we got home. It's really fun to watch the football games with the boys (except when they are talking and you want to hear the announcer ~ LOL). Because Taite plays the Madden game on Wii, he is quite knowledgeable, but he has a little way to go. Gosh how I would love to take the to a game!! They would absolutely die!!!

Today both Brayton and Taite got 100% on their spelling pretest! For Taite that means he has to work on 5 challenge words and Brayton gets to take the week off again (he made sure his pre-test is hung on the fridge). For Taite's spelling homework, they always have a packet of 4 sheets to complete so they get used to writing the spellng words correctly (not sure why they have to do this when they pass the pre-test). But anyway, tonight the one sheet he had to work on was to make a list of the spelling words he knew, and then on the other list, the words he was working on learning. . . I told him he could cross out the "working on learning" and write in "already know". Brayton decided with his extra time (not practicing spelling words) he wanted to be quizzed on addition problems. Of course I'm always supposed to just come up with them in my head! Luckily, I found a website or two that you can print off free sheets so they can practice. I figure if he wants to learn, more power to him! I need to find flashcards though! Forgot to look in the dollar store today, that would be a perfect place!

I apologize for not having any pictures to post. The only thing I can think of is to take a picture of Brayton's scarecrow he made in class that says "Boys Rule" across the front. Chris couldn't believe he was allowed to write that on his project. Brayton said "You could decorate them however you wanted to!" LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment