Today I took a friend and we went to look at a miniature schnauzer in St. Peter. I know it's kind of a jaunt over there, but Monica likes to talk, so it was perfect! In St. Peter we met Baby. She was afraid at first, but she is so sweet and I love her already! The boys couldn't believe we have a dog and they jumped (well Taite did at least) at the opportunity to help out with Baby and their chores so they can "feed" her. Since Taite said he'd do anything, we figure this is the perfect opportunity to get him some more responsibility. Tonight he had it easy because Grandma brought the dog food over ~ he did ask if he had to pay us back for getting Baby :-) After meeting her we tried to get her to roll over. It was quite comical. She laid down and wiggled a little then wanted the treat. Well, we couldn't keep it from her, so she tried and then we helped her roll over and she got lots of treats. During this time, Taite came up with his master plan. He will pretend he's blind so we can bring her into the stores with us! I think this is great, only I'm not going to tell him that the pet stores let you bring your pets in, I'll just tell him he has to pretend to be blind and we'll see how good of an actor he is! My plan is perfect ~ his has a slight flaw. . .
When we took this picture, I mentioned that she held her ears up and Brayton thought she'd had her picture taken before and Taite thought we had the most talented dog! Brayton has decided he wants to change her name ~ to Olive (because she's black!) LOL She does need a haircut and that's scheduled for Tuesday, but no schnauzer cut for her ~ Chris' orders :-) So today was fun and had a very happy ending (I didn't tell the boys why I was dropping them off at school today, just in case things didn't work out with Baby) and I should sleep better tonight knowing that all is good.

She looks so happy. She is actually smiling in the photo! She is going to be perfect for all of you.
ReplyDelete