Last night I picked up Grandma's mail and paper and when I looked at the front page of the paper (we don't get it, so I steal glimpses at the front page when I get hers for her) I was surprised to see
Flabio. I didn't have a blog at the time, but last year
Brayton was
Flabio's Little Buddy. At school they have a
wonderful program (I think it's part of the anti-bullying program), but every student is either a Big Buddy (older grades) or a Little Buddy (younger grades).
Brayton's Big Buddy was the NICEST kid you will ever meet! I met his mom too at cooking day and immediately knew they were mother/son because they looked just alike and both had the same super personality. I spoke to his mom like we had always been friends and
Flabio is one of those kids you are surprised to meet now days ~ polite, sweet and was great to
Brayton. So, back to my shock story. . . Last weekend in Dodge Center (just like 30 miles or so from here) there was a father that killed his wife and oldest son, then attacked the 2 girls before slashing his own wrists. It was a horrible story that you can read about on the
PostBulletin.com site, but the 2 girls and the dad survived (the brother fought back so his sisters could escape and then later died) and the girls are now living with their aunt & uncle in Byron ~
their related to
Flabio and his family! I cannot imagine (nor do I want to) the therapy these two little girls will need (they are the same ages as my boys!) after seeing their mom killed and their dad attacking them. I feel the strong need to help this newly formed family out, but don't quite know how. I guess I will just give them a gift certificate for the grocery store with an open invite to let us know if they need anything more! Please remember these families in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment