Monday, November 17, 2008

Lately Brayton has been really into playing Legos. He's been especially excited because he got his brother to play with him the last couple of days! I caught a little video of them tonight playing:

You will notice at the beginning that Brayton has something in his mouth ~ he is trying to break apart two Legos, but when he sees me with the camera, he quickly ditches them into the drawer. Yes, that dresser holds toys. In an attempt to clean up Bray's room, we put his clothes in the closet (before they were in the dresser) and his toys in the dresser (before were in the closet) hoping that keeping his clothes orderly in the closet would be easier. So far it's worked!

Tonight we were finishing up Taite's Star of the Week poster. He only wanted a few pictures printed from the more current ones we had on my computer. I dug out the box of photos anyway and they were fun for everyone to look at! While looking at them, Brayton asked Chris if the one guy in the picture was really Santa. Chris admitted he wasn't the real Santa and Taite asks "Is Santa real or what? I mean is there really a Santa?" Chris kind of chuckled and didn't know what to say. Brayton asked what was so funny, Chris said the pictures were funny and Brayton said "But you were looking at me when you were laughing! What's so funny?" Brayton stressed to Taite that yes, Santa was real because he came to Bray's preschool class! We dodged the bullet tonight, but I'm not sure how much longer this facade can continue. . .

It's so funny to look at the old pictures becuase we had a few of those "Oh, remember this haircut?" and "Look how bad I looked!". Chris found and kept out the picture he saw before he went on his healthy living route and lost 40 lbs. I don't have a specific picture that sent me on the weight loss path, but I'm glad that we've both been down that path and don't want to go back! Makes it so much easier when we are headed the same direction!

Taite brought home a slip to sign up for basketball this winter. The exciting part is that Chris also said he would help coach! I know that is really what he would love to do and I hope they both enjoy it. It's only for 6 nights in Jan & Feb, so if they don't like it, it's not a huge commitment :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment