Tuesday, November 4, 2008

So the meeting last night gave us info that we didn't really want to hear. The sex offender moving to our township will be about 1 1/2 miles from our house (judging by who was at the meeting defending the perp and it wasn't his family! His brother asked how could the system lock him up for life. . .) We will definitely be "beefing" up our security system, which shouldn't be only because of him, I don't think you can have too many security measures and this just reminds us. The police start out the meeting (Chris went I didn't, but read the handout they gave) by saying that if you think this guy is bad, go to this website and see how many there are in Hennepin county (up in the Cities)! These guys are everywhere so don't freak out just because one is moving to your neighborhood is basically how they put it! That's a great feeling!

Yesterday my mom and I went to Savers (Monday is $.99 day for certain colored tags). I usually pick up Chris some shirts. Button up ones for work and "work" and most of them are name brand (Columbia, Gap, Lands End, etc.). It works good except when the sleeves are a little short ~ LOL. Then they go into the outside work pile and not the "good" pile. I was browsing the kitchen stuff yesterday when I came across a George Foreman "thing" that had an orange sticker (that was the color for the day)! I snatched it up, not really knowing what it was ~ it doesn't look like the grills, plugged it in to make sure it would heat up and the digital stuff worked and bought it. When I got home, I looked at it a little closer and it has never been used! Some times the food splatters and stuff and there is no sign of any grease, food, anything. I looked online and there was one of these Mini Roaster it's called selling on Ebay for $50 with shipping! Well, I'm not one for making a buck if I can use it, so we used it to cook a tenderloin for supper. It did a very nice job keeping it moist! Definitely a great find for us!

Chris left today for his business trip of the week. He'll be back on Saturday and has most nights filled up with dinners with suppliers, so he'll be eating well this week :-)

Brayton finished the chapter book his teacher gave to him in his "Bag Book" assignment. It was a cute book and she told me that when she gave it to him she asked if he would be okay reading a chapter book. Guess what he said. . . (drum roll). . . "How many chapters does it have?" (remember his obsession with 10 chapters?) They counted the chapters (they were just labeled with words and realized there were only 6. She couldn't resist: "Is 6 okay or do you have a favorite number of chapters you like to read? Like 10?" He said it would be okay and boy was he excited about finishing his first chapter book tonight. Apparently all these chapter stories he starts, he doesn't finish (he has one at home, one in his desk at school and who knows how many more!) I could never do that :-)

Taite is very excited to go to his first Student Council meeting tomorrow. He is curious about what they will discuss. He asked me on Sunday night if I knew what Wednesday was for him and of course I didn't because we don't get a schedule for this, so I'm glad he keeps track of it!

At school today they both had mock elections and Brayton voted for "Brak" and Taite did the same. Brayton even got an "I voted" sticker. They are very anxious to see who actually wins! It's great how they get all the kids educated and excited about voting!

I had better get going on my sewing projects. I am actually going to time myself to see how long it takes to make one of my bags. It's funny, but I can guess, not really having a clue! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment