Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh, what a weekend!




Friday at school was Career Day ~ the kids were to dress up as what they wanted to be when they grew up (apparently not freight forwarders because neither one of them wore their pajamas to school ~ LOL!!!!) Brayton wanted to be a Police Officer which was great because we have to costumes from a few years ago. . . which were thrown out on our last massive cleaning of the toys and stuff. So I was kicking myself when Brayton came with the badge from that costume (don't ask how he kept the badge ~ I have no idea, but I was grateful for small miracles). We used the badge for his Police Detective outfit. I thought the sunglasses were perfect, but he couldn't wear them at school he said. I wanted to make him a sticker that said "I love Doughnuts", but we ran out of time before school : ) He asked me if I wanted a "hurts donut", but I declined because I had also seen that Family Guy commercial (or whatever cartoon it was for adults. . .)

Friday afternoon I took Baby for her shots. They needed to be updated which we knew when we got her. They said she looked great and weighs in at 15.1 lbs. I tried to pick the boys up after school, but thought the bus looked empty, so I thought they had switched the bus routes or something ~ I just shouldn't think! They were on the bus ~ oops! I seriously looked like there was only 1 kid on there and I did not recognize him.
This is the last picture of Baby before she gets her haircut tomorrow.


Saturday we took naps in the afternoon, slept a little late and were late to the Twins' birthday party. They turned 2 last week and it was a lot of fun! They certainly are getting into the terrible 2's, though. . . Yesterday Amber was going to her sister's house and the twins are going through the separation thing so they didn't want her to go. She put Landen in Jeremy's lap so she could make a break for it and he threw himself back and hit Jeremy in the eye and cut it open! It was one of those situations where he probably could've gotten stitches, but what kind of wienie gets stitches? :-D
Yesterday morning we had our first incident with Baby, well, it wasn't her fault, she was just the accomplice. I told the boys when they were done with breakfast to get in the shower for Church (I was also headed for the shower). I said this just as Taite was sitting down to pet Baby. I showered and was almost ready when Chris asked if the boys were supposed to be getting ready. . . Never a good sign! Brayton was just getting out of the shower and Taite was going to the bathroom, not yet showered. We did a little yelling and told them to hurry up only to find that they didn't move any faster. Needless to say they were late to Sunday School, which was fitting since they had been told a few times.
In the afternoon yesterday, I ran errands and Taite got to go squirrel hunting with Grandpa. Taite had complained of his stomach hurting during Church, but that usually means he has to go to the bathroom. He had to have a cup of tea with Grandma before going out hunting because his stomach hurt again, but that's the last we heard about this. . .until this morning. I went into his room to get him up for school and he said "I can't go to school, I threw up last night" ~ geez, and his room smelled like it! It makes me gag still tonight! He didn't get sick any more, but he certainly wasn't 100% today and couldn't sit at the table during the whole meal tonight. Then Brayton complained that his stomach hurt, but we aren't sure if it really did or if he didn't like what was left on his plate tonight. Unfortunately, Taite's illness forced me to post-pone his birthday sleepover scheduled for tomorrow night. I know that I wouldn't really care for my child to sleepover at another kids house who was sick just the day before! Taite took it much better than I thought he would. I would just feel much better about making sure the "bug" is gone from our house before having anyone over!

3 comments:

  1. Did you go to Plainview for your shots? How did she do? She is so cute. She is fitting right in! Did she cuddle with Taite when he was sick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, to get the shots done fast, we just went to Byron. I do have her scheduled for spaying in Dec. She looks funny now that her hair is all cut off!! Yes, she did hang out with Taite on the couch some. . .she mostly follows me around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew she would be following you. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete