Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ahhh, today, it's almost over. . .

Today we received an email from Brayton's teacher that he received a check for his behavior in the classroom. He wasn't focused, was goofing off and disruptive. Maybe it's because we are often told how well behaved our kids are that I was mortified that Brayton would behave like this in class! His teacher did mention that the week has been kind of messed up (early out at 10:30 on Monday, 2 hour late start yesterday) which could help explain part of it, but after he came home, we can definitely see that he's tired. I'm not saying that is an excuse for his behavior because I dislike parents who are "not my kid" type of people, but it's a contributing factor. I know some of you can't believe we start getting the boys ready for bed at 7, but they usually aren't sleeping at 7:30 and last night Brayton was awake still around 8 and when I got up at 6:30, he was upstairs and wide awake, so I know he'd been awake for awhile.
One of our theories for his tiredness is that the boys get too cold at night ~ being down stairs and it's cooler down there anyway and there isn't a door to shut to keep the heat downstairs. So, our solution may be overkill, but we'll leave the fireplace run during the night and I put the feather bed on top of Brayton's mattress along with a down comforter on top of his bed. It'll be a little feather nest in there for him so he won't be cold. Then another thing I thought of, is if he doesn't go to the bathroom before going to bed and wakes up about 5 or so, he might have a hard time falling back to sleep (Chris does). Brayton said he did, but he may have been grasping here since he was in the hot seat when he got home from school. We are also taking him off of the Singulair for the ADHD-like symptoms that are commonly reported as side effects. So, he really won't have any excuses after this :~) In any case, it's a good thing he likes his GameBoy and Pokemon game so well, so we have something to take away as a consequence. He was also very disappointed that we couldn't play lazer tag tonight, but his dad has a soft spot for medication side effects, so they are playing the TV lazer tag game that came with the guns, as a consolation.

Taite was just glad he wasn't in trouble and stayed out of the way when they got home. His new favorite thing to do when he gets home is to take Baby downstairs and play with her. Today I found stuffing all over ~ she'd ripped apart the one toy ~ guess I'll have to look for replacements when garage sale time comes around! Then Taite mentioned his scratch on his collarbone from playing with Baby and I noticed one on the back of his neck too ~ they really get into their playing!

Chris had a meeting today with the Credit Union because there is a Korean deal he's trying to get done for work and the bank that the Korean company is using is being very difficult. After 15 minutes of a conference call between the rep from the CU and the bank in California for the Korean company, the guy from the CU asked Chris how he still had all his hair ~ he would've pulled his all out! The fact that Chris has been dealing with this guy and his bank for the last 3 days says volumes about Chris' ability to keep his cool! Sometimes I'm amazed. . .

We had a big warm up today ~ at 7 (the only time I checked the temp) it was only -6! Chris said it was much colder today though because yesterday it must have been too cold for the wind to even blow and today it was more bitter.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, I would feel the same way if Matthew got a check. I think there might be something there about the meds though. If I take anything like that I feel totally out of it. It is hard to explain so I can't even imagine how Brayton could tell you if that is how he was feeling. I am not even sure how to explain it now. Kind of like I am in a fog but not a sleepy fog...hmm? I bet that does not help.

    Happy too cold to go to school day...

    ReplyDelete