Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

We had some friends over for New Years and had a BLAST!!! I am hoping all the laughing we did is a prelude to the year we will have. Chris' high school friend/classmate, Troy and his wife Tara came to our house on the 31st (along with their 2 girls ages 4 & 6). The kids all play soooo well together that it's always a good time when we get together (this was their first time at our house)! Troy is quite the story teller and he and Chris reminisced by watching old football tapes as we burned them to DVD (they were so excited, Tara and I. . . not so much!) Other than Brayton's broken toe (we think~see pic~it's not as purple as it was yesterday and you can kind of see it's purple up on his foot and this happened on Friday morning!) a lot of fun was had by all AND we got to celebrate Mackenzie's 6th birthday when they were here!

Yesterday was not so fun (Vikes loss) but here is a cute picture of Brayton and Chris after Bray snuggled up and shared his blanket. This was taken in-between shouts at the TV (Childress should be fired for poor coaching).

Today I was a little nervous about getting back into the swing of things with school and work, but everything went off without a hitch! I got out of bed just a few minutes late and the boys made it down the treacherous driveway (covered in ice!). Brayton got 100% on his spelling pretest (and "Guess what?! One of the words was 'family' and I still got them all correct!" ~ Brayton's announcement at supper) Taite doesn't have spelling this week, but announced that his music program is on Thursday, the 15th! I swore I had it on my calendar, but NOPE ~ so much for being on top of things! Then we had a lengthy discussion about his program and if he already had one this year (Chris was about a year off!). He swore we had just been to one and he can even remember where he parked the van! Yes, it was almost a year ago that it happened! We had a good laugh about that one! While I was helping with homework (Chris was finishing up work) I noticed that Brayton was reading his book and when he came to a person's name, he was reading it Hawaii ~ which didn't sound right. . . I checked, it was Howie, so when I corrected him, he said. . . "I read it that way when Dad was reading with me and he didn't say anything!" :~) Needless to say, I told Chris he should pay a little more attention (again, insert laugh).

I am working with Amber and Steph's friend for Steph's baby shower we are having on Saturday. I hope the weather holds out because it looks like a lot of people will be able to make it. I'm amazed at the number of people she says have already told her she looks like she's ready to pop ~ I only wished I looked as good as she does when I was 9 months pregnant!!! She certainly doesn't have the butt I did, nor is she retaining any water. . . Bitch! LOL ~ Just kidding Steph!!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like my friend Shana. Don't you just hate cute pregnant people!!hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! I can still take you on pregnant and all :)

    ReplyDelete