The other night, Chris and I watched Definitely, Maybe ~ and we both really liked it! I thought Chris wouldn't because it was pretty much a Chick-Flick, but he said it was good. We would recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.
You know, I am a strong believer in things happening for a reason (obviously, since that's pretty much how Chris and I met) but this was apparent on Friday. I had exercised late in the morning and before I started had told Chris that I thought he and I could go to lunch and sign up for a Community Ed thing (my friend Monica and I are going on a Chicks Day Out bus ride to Red Wing ~ something I never do, but can hardly wait!!) anyway, back to my story. . . When I mentioned lunch, Chris said I needed to tell him before he had an egg and toast at 10:30 (like I was supposed to know) so we decided to do a late lunch and I wouldn't have to rush or anything. After I got out of the shower, Chris told me that my aunt Sonja had called and Grandma had fallen and they needed help getting her up. Of course Grandma always feels bad that someone has to be called, but Chris is always grateful he is nearby and can help. I saw it as another time when if we'd have done everything as planned, we'd have been eating lunch in Byron when she called. If you haven't noted any times like this, maybe you are just missing them because it is true ~ look for it ;~)
I was a little distracted the other day when Taite and Baby were playing in the living room, so I thought I'd tape a little and share it with you. She is quite strong and loves the attention no matter who is giving it. I gave her one of the chew bones from Sam's Club again the other day and was going to take a picture of that too ~ she is too funny! When they are brand new, they're kind of long, so she tries to carry it, but isn't real effective. The first thing she does is chew on it until she has about 1/3 of it gone and then she can carry it around a lot easier. Tomorrow she has to go in for spaying, so I might bring one along with me for her while she's at the vet ~ they probably won't let her have it, but it will make me feel better.
Before Christmas I had mentioned that I was working on a project, but didn't disclose much info on it. My friend Jenni had asked me if I could make her and her girls matching aprons (remember I made one for Brayton? That was my prototype to make sure I wouldn't be wasting my time on hers). I thought if her husband Bruce would like to surprise his "girls" I would sew them and send them so he could give them to the girls for Christmas. Of course I didn't get them there too early (I'm a procrastinator you know!) but she did get them and now I can share the pictures of them that I took. The little flowers that are on the aprons are sewn to snaps and can easily be removed for washing. Across the bottom of the aprons, it says "All Things Grow With Love", which is fitting :~)
I also finished yesterday the Coffee Cozy that my friend Monica said she liked. She didn't actually ask for one, I just thought it looked easy, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The one pattern I found used a pony tail holder and a button to close the CC, but that didn't seem like it would hold all the way up and down, so I used the Velcro that another site suggested. It turned out cute and of course I used up some really small pieces of fabric, so it took me longer than just an average one would, but who likes "average"? For display purposes, I used Chris' nine-bid prize from card club to show the cozy in action.

I love it! As you could probably guess from my personality...I am a flip flop girl! I would buy a few more from you for gifts. I think they rock!
ReplyDeleteGive me details and I can whip them up!
ReplyDelete