Boot Hockey effects
So, today when I was shaving my legs today in the shower, I noticed I had a few more bruises on my knees than I thought :~) Sunday I felt pretty good for playing boot hockey (oh and having a few adult beverages. . .) but yesterday! My legs hurt from trying to run and get started on ice and my right hand hurt from gripping the hockey stick so hard. This would in no way deter playing again, we would just have more pads on next time. LOL
Weather
Yesterday due to the snowstorm that came through, the boys were done with school at 10:30 (not before their spelling pretests, however ~ Brayton was proud he had another perfect one!). After their bus was at the high school, their bus driver decided he couldn't finish the route, so their bus had to wait for a new bus driver to show up. All-in-all, they were on the bus as long as they were in school yesterday. Today they had a 2 hour late start and while they were getting ready, I told Taite that he should wear more than just a t-shirt (for a shirt). To prove my point, I checked the temp and was shocked that at almost 9 am it was -19!! (Chris was even MORE glad he moved the old van down to the shed and modified the tractor a little so it would fit in the garage and then ran the heater to help a little) They said it would get down to -10, so we were prepared for that, but was that just a mercy prediction?? Brayton wore his snow pants to school (Taite wouldn't think of it!) to help him stay warm, which he thought was an invitation to walk through the snow drifts on their way to the bus. Sheesh!
Last Night
We were in the living room (I in my kerchief, pa in his cap ~ I'm sorry, that just started out and reminded me of the Night Before Christmas! Ah, I'm so funny!) Anyway, we were in the living room and Chris was looking at the boys' computer (it died about 2 months ago) and the boys had been playing their Pokemon game on their GameBoys when they decided to make up a secret handshake. There are a few funny things about this. . .
1. Taite thinks you have a secret handshake so you only use it after you share a secret. :-)
2. Brayton was embarrassed that they were doing that, so I couldn't actually look at them when they were making it up because then he would give me the "embarrassed" smile.
3. Chris didn't even notice they were even practicing that!
We played a few more rounds of Lazer Tag ~ the moon was kind of light out so we didn't need much for candles or night lights in the house. That is SOOO much fun!! Oh, did I mention that I was the only one who was never "out"? Chris and I were on a team and the boys were on a team and the boys are getting much better at playing and not just kamikaze-ing it! At one point it was the boys and me left, but they taken a few more hits than me and they were standing beside each other so I got them both with the shot I fired.
My mom and I did manage to get to Saver's yesterday and I got some really cute jackets (like summer/light button up ones) for me. I also got a really cute shirt that almost reminds me of something you'd wear out for a girls night (which I don't do) so I think maybe we'll have to have a girls night here in the spring/summer so I can wear my shirt ~ or maybe we'll have to have a Bunco night just for fun! Maybe if we start planning it now, there will be plenty of people and no "phantom" players.
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I would love that. Count me in.
ReplyDeleteLove your lazer tag stories. You and Chris are the only ones I know who would get that. Everyone would laugh at us when Mike and I did that(OK, so it was before kids) When he told all the guys at Antelope Camp about it they all said that no wife they knew would consider that fun.