Well, with Chris being gone, this is usually the day I would call him ready to run away. So, he asked before he left that I not add that stress to his trip, so I'm not! Makes me wonder if it was always just a mind thing or if I just needed more wine LOL.
I forgot to tell you that on Saturday at Taite's basketball game, he made 4 baskets. He was very proud and I even saw a couple of them! It's not that I'm not interested, it's just difficult to watch some. . . The one kid thinks he's a superstar and is really fast, but I don't think if he played like he does in a high school game that he'd get away with all the swatting, stealing, etc. that he does at this age. To make things worse, his dad is one of the coaches, so not much is said about his "style" of playing. Worse, Taite is picking up on his technique and did a lot of reaching/grabbing and when I tried to correct him on it, he said "Luke does it!". I'll let his dad address that one. . .
Yesterday the boys didn't have school due to it being the end of the quarter so the teachers have a day to do report cards and such. So, we were all home when Chris called. The Skype thing is really great and it's nice so we can all talk and see Chris and he likewise. In case you don't know (not sure if I explained it or not) Skype is a free way to call people if you are both online and since Chris' computer has a built in camera, we bought the cheap one for home and then can all talk to Chris and he can see us all at the same time. Pretty cool since we normally don't call because the cost is so expensive when he's in Japan.
Funny Quote:
On Saturday we were at mom & dad's (the boys always ask if they can come over) and when we walked in. . .
Taite: "Look what I found on the ground!" (he's holding a $20)
me: "It probably just fell off the counter, so you need to put it back" (no finders-keepers)
Taite: "No, I put it down there so I could 'find' it" ~ what a geek :~)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

When does Chris get back? Do you want to get together for coffee at McDonalds while the boys are at school this week? They have those Mochas now!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHe gets back tomorrow, but Bray's been home sick so far this week, otherwise I would LOVE to meet for coffee. I'm trying cough suppressant and decongestant ~ just trying to find the right concoction of drugs for him! I'll see what happens tomorrow am and give you a call if he's going to school :)
ReplyDelete