Sunday, January 11, 2009

Thursday night I finally remembered to bring my camera to Taite's basketball practice. I can't get the setting right on my camera with the lights used in the gym, but you can still kind of see him. In the team picture, Taite is to the left of the boy who is kind of kneeling down. He is enjoying this opportunity to play ball, but Chris went for the first time (and he said maybe the last) and was kind of frustrated with the coaching they were/weren't getting. So, yesterday they went down to the shed and practiced a little BB while Brayton was at a birthday party and I was in town.



On Friday, Taite gave his first speech (ever). He was very nervous and afterwards I thought about how we should have practiced it at home more so it was like second nature for him. Just a little more "Mommy guilt" that we place on ourselves. Next time, I'll take more time with him, but considering I made the tablecloth and place mat Thursday night while the boys were in bed, it didn't allow for a lot of practice time :)

Chris was busy with work junk so he couldn't go and I recorded Taite's speech for him and thought the rest of you might enjoy it as well.



This morning was the first time I've slept in until 9:30 since probably college!! We were asked to sub last night for the card club we "got out of" this year. When I got home from town yesterday there was a message that if we wanted to, we should bring our boots and hats and stuff because they have a hockey rink in the back yard and we'd play a little boot hockey. It was a TON of fun!!!! I almost wished we had one except the boys would want to play hockey then and that's expensive! So anyway, Chris got the 9 bid playing cards (you get a prize for making a 9 bid) and we didn't get too hurt playing boot hockey (just a couple of bruises on the knees). Maybe next summer we can do the pond thing in the back yard and our hockey rink won't be as elaborate as the one they had last night, but it would still be frozen and fun!! But we wouldn't be able to do the 1 am nights a whole lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment