Saturday, January 24, 2009

Well, today Chris left for Japan. We're hardly apart, so trips always seem so long! Yesterday I had a busy day and Chris' wasn't any better! I took my grandma to one of her many appts that her Dr. set up to try and figure out why she blacks out before falling. It was the Neuro appt. and only took an hour, but she wanted to be pushed in a wheelchair and they should really have things more wheelchair accessible. . . well, at least make the doorways a little wider. I had a heck of a time steering the dumb thing! When I started out, I thought 'I should've played with Grandma Pahl's wheelchair the way the kids all did and then I'd be better at this!' When we were waiting for her name to be called she was sitting there and says "Oh, the sheriff is here." So, I turned and looked to see the sheriff leading a guy pushing a wheelchair and another guy in the wheelchair with just a sheet over his all navy blue outfit. . . I easily drew the conclusion ~ Grandma? Not so much. The trio of guys were waiting for the elevator and after it came, just as they were backing the wheelchair onto the elevator (doors not closed yet) Grandma says (remember she can't hear all that well. . .) "I wonder why they would have his feet like that (in cuffs)" I, as quietly as I could, explained he was a prisoner and she winks at me, like 'oh, I get it'. Yep, no different than going out with young kids who say what is on their mind (not so quietly) LOL

After I got Grandma back from the Dr., Chris was running ragged. You see, every time he preps to go away on a trip, something inevitably happens to a computer. This time, it was his and he thinks the hard drive is dying. So, he had to transfer the important backed-up data from his to mine all while doing the other regular business stuff and finish packing for Japan. So, before I had to help in Bray's classroom, I had 2 hours to run the errands that Chris was going to get done (pick up his suit from the dry cleaners ~ bill was only $11 ~ still the cheapest suit he's ever bought!, find a cell phone adapter so he can use headphones, find a cell phone case and pick up a camera for the computer so we can "call" him while in Japan for free: Skype has like free video-conferencing type software that's really cool and Chris' new laptop has a built in camera). I completed all these and was slightly early for Bray's class with only one more stop to get cash for Chris after school ~ it's SOOO convenient with the new CU in Byron right across the street from the Elementary school!!!

When I got home from this round of errands, Chris checked the adapter thing and she sold me the wrong size! Plus with the limits on sizes of liquids you can take on the plane, we were headed back to town to get travel size items, eat supper and get a new adapter for Chris' phone. I am still amazed that Chris packed for a week to Japan all in one carry on and his brief case, which just held office type stuff, so basically all the rest was in the suitcase! I could never manage that :~)

Baby is recovering nicely from her surgery. Having gotten no post-op instructions from the vet, we are taking it very easy (and I researched it a little online). Taite and Bray can't wait until it's safe to play with her again ~all of Taite's scratches are healing and he has nothing to replace them :)

Oh, I almost forgot! Thursday night was Taite's music program at school. Here are some pictures and videos. The name of it was Snow Biz. In the video, Taite is in the top row right in the middle of the frame.



No comments:

Post a Comment