Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Count your blessings! And say a prayer, please!

Tonight Chris had to go to a meeting at the town board and the one guy who is usually there (he has to come for the same reason Chris has to go ~ it's a work thing), wasn't, but his mom was and she said he was gone because his ex-wife's baby died and he had their kids tonight. Chris didn't get the connection but OMG!!! Their son is on Taite's basketball team and 2 weeks ago, she was at the school with the baby and when she went to nurse her, asked if I would keep an eye on her daughter, who is in Brayton's class. The baby was only 4 months old and Brayton had mentioned today that this girl's baby sister had died and I was trying to figure it out if he meant the baby we'd just seen or not, but of course trying to get that out of a 1st grader is next to impossible (he kept telling me she didn't just die, she was 4 months). It's not that I really knew her, but you still can't help but pray for her and feel her pain. . .

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything worse. Do you know why? Was it sids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's what she said it was at the meeting.

    ReplyDelete