Thursday, April 9, 2009

Brayton turns 7 today!

Well, it was 7 years ago that I was in EXTREME pain and about 12 more when I thought I was dying. . .so today we celebrate! Haha!

We started by singing Brayton the Happy Birthday song, then he got to open presents and that was it (just kidding). He received a watch with hands so he can practice his telling time, which they are working on in school (at one time he was telling us every minute what time it was. . . thankfully, that didn't last too long!) I love the watch because it just has a stretchy band and he can slip it on and off by himself. He also likes the Indiglo background (it's a Timex ~ of course the $5 watches had normal bands and we would have to help him put it on every time) His other gift was a hooded sweatshirt (just like the one Monica gave him) with the thumb holes in the cuffs.


To surprised him with his bike, we asked him to come upstairs so we could see what he wanted for breakfast. . .


It wasn't exactly the reaction we thought we'd get, but oh well, he's happy nonetheless. When the boys were looking at the bike Taite said "I wonder why they call it 'Next'" and Brayton replied (without skipping a beat) "Probably because you are in 2nd place"! I just wish for one day I could have his wit!! The breakfast he requested: scrambled eggs and oatmeal :~)

He couldn't wait to ride his bike, so he quickly changed out of his pajamas and put on his new sweatshirt, took two circles around the driveway and came back in for more layers! (The frost is still on the grass) So, now he has gloves, a stocking hat and a wind-breaker type coat added to his previous attire and is warm enough, I think.

He was waiting patiently for Taite to finish breakfast so they could race their bikes and now I see that they have the plastic bats out and are playing Star Wars instead, so I'm guessing that Taite didn't feel like digging his bike out.

I can't believe my baby is 7 already! Boy am I glad I have someone else's baby to fill that emptiness :-) Speaking of Josey, Brayton read her a story yesterday and I think they both enjoyed it!

1 comment: