This morning my mom, sister, Josey and I went to Pine Island for the first city wide garage saling of the season, well, our season at least! Brayton wanted to go with, but he wanted to get the new Lego set he's had his heart set on since Thursday (when Chris had to bribe him to go to school ~ if he went, he could buy this set ~ with his own money, of course!) so he went with Chris and Grandpa to Owatonna. Taite didn't want to go anywhere. He doesn't like shopping and even though he's been garage saling since he was a baby, he doesn't care for that either! So, after an hours worth of instructions (Chris was the one to leave him home) he was on his own. The dog was let out before Chris left, the alarm set, phone numbers given, the password for the security system in case he set it off and the security people called and doors were locked. He was forewarned that he would have to make his own lunch if no one was home by then and he was okay with that (I've never seen the kid not be able to find something to eat at home!). When I was on my way home, I called to see if he was okay and if Chris was home yet. It was almost 1 when I called and Taite hadn't had lunch which surprised me, but he said he just wasn't hungry. I thought that was okay because he was just on the computer when I left, so I don't imagine he'd run on the treadmill or anything to work up and appetite. You'd think I'd know my son better than that. . . When I was throwing something away in the kitchen I saw why he wasn't hungry for lunch! He'd eaten like 5 snack bags of popcorn & chips (the 100 calorie bags that are super handy for snacking on ~ if they're around)!! I was thinking he'd have more of a PB&J or a bowl of cereal or something. Well, those you can't eat in front of the laptop! Oh well, it wasn't like we had a lunch all prepared for him in the fridge, so I didn't yell too loudly or too long, for that matter!
Brayton's as happy as can be with his new Lego set and I am washing my goodies that need to be washed and have everything else put away. Next weekend Brayton is ready to go garage saling with me :~)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

Okay so that was just hilarious! Sounds just like Taite :)
ReplyDelete