Thursday, April 23, 2009

So the day didn't start out so well, and it's not ending much better. . .

Today did not start out as I had hoped. The pain Brayton was feeling in his leg last night (gave him pain meds and figured it wasn't so real) was even worse this morning. At first, Chris thought it was a testicular issue, but I disagreed. After making an appt. to see someone, then he finally figured out it was NOT related to the testicle, but rather a pulled groin muscle or something. We gave him more meds, cancelled the Dr. appt. & hoped that when he got to school and saw his friends that his pain would "go away". When he got off the bus tonight, he was limping a little, but he said he was healed. Oh ~ and he did finally remember tonight what happened yesterday at school to cause this pain! He slid down a fireman pole and when he landed his left leg "went up".

Taite's morning didn't start out much better. . .
He's always (well, I can't say it's only him) a slow mover and some days we have to constantly remind them to hurry up, hurry up, hurry up! Taite had been downstairs for 15 minutes today (supposed to be getting dressed and brushing his teeth) and still hadn't come up so I went to see what the heck was going on! He was standing at his dresser looking at the Legos on it standing in his pajamas! When I went downstairs, the clock read 6:57 ~ the bus comes shortly after 7!!! I screamed (okay, it wasn't that bad ~ I sternly asked him) "what the hell he had been doing all this time!!!" He assured me he was getting dressed, however HE WAS IN THE SAME CLOTHES AS WHEN HE WENT DOWNSTAIRS 15 MINUTES BEFORE!! He did get dressed quickly (I'll give him that) and when he came upstairs, I asked him "did you brush your teeth?" NO ~ he didn't have time! So-o-o, I headed back downstairs to get his toothbrush and tooth paste while he got his shoes on ~ the sink in the mudroom doesn't get used too often, but when we need it, it's a God-send! After he was on the bus, I went downstairs to check on Brayton and noticed Taite's clock read 7:04 ~ that's 7 minutes to get dressed, shoes on, teeth brushed, out the door and on the bus! I don't know why we get them up so early! If we could narrow down the time it takes to eat breakfast like that, then they might only need, say 10 minutes to get out the door! LOL

Since Bray was having hip issues today, he didn't go to soccer again tonight, which certainly makes my soccer nights earlier! Chris has been looking for work boots for forever, I swear, so he took Brayton to Fleet Farm to try on boots. I finally told Chris that I don't care what he does about boots, just make a decision and GET SOME!! Apparently he didn't appreciate that too much ~ so my day is finishing on a not so happy note as well. At least tomorrow is supposed to be another sunny, warm day! I'm sure he'll forget all about being mad at me by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment