Monday, April 27, 2009

Just one more chapter in our file with Olmsted Medical. . .

So, I have to do a little venting. . .

We received the statement from OMC for Brayton's surgery and one item listed (which insurance paid for, but is beside the point) is: Tympanostomy w tube insert uni ~ Bilateral Procedure. Remember? He didn't have tubes put in, yet they are trying to charge $976!!! I understand that they should be paid something to make a small slit in his ear and look at it, but that isn't really how this line item reads, I don't think. I called the Patients Account and they have to put in a request that it be reviewed and then they will "see" if it can be removed! HELLO!!!!! I would know if he had tubes in his ears and all they have to do is check his chart in ENT! Sheesh, sometimes this crap is enough to make a person go cRazY!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is why our insurance is so high! Because 9 out of 10 peope do not look at the bill like you and I do and then the 1 out of 10 of those people don't fight it because insurance is paying for it anyway...then our insurance goes up because they are paying way to much for stuff like that. Way to go Lisa! Keep on them about it.

    ReplyDelete