Birthday
Grandpa had bought a cake, ice cream and even had a #7 candle for Brayton's birthday! Here are some pictures and a video of Brayton reading his card from Grandpa ~ it was really cute with alligator jokes in it!
Christmas
They also got
Legos, but that's not such a good thing to open before you are home, so they were content with putting together the people and playing "war" with them. The boys were very excited to see where Carmen lives (she lives just a few blocks from the school that she teaches at in a really cute and perfect size house). On Sunday, we went to Chris' grandma's house for Easter dinner/lunch. From there we came home, but not without having to change Brayton's jeans ~ they went for a walk outside and he managed to slip in the mud and get his jeans all muddy. . . We had a wonderful time and visit and as always, Chris has a difficult time driving back home from 'home'. About 1/2 way home, though he received an email from a high school classmate and that perked him up for a bit. We called him (so I wouldn't have to type a reply on Chris' Blackberry!) and as always, Troy was good for a few laughs :~) (he is the one who lives in Iowa ~ they came to visit us over the New Year).
Easter
I didn't bother to bring the boys' Easter gifts to SD (I didn't go all out and didn't feel like trying to keep them hidden 'en route') so when we got home and the boys woke up this morning (well, really just Bray because Taite has now figured it out, but played along nicely) Brayton asked if the Easter Bunny had come. Dang it! I thought I could just give them the books and cooking set without a big to-do. Oh well, they are only little for a short time and I want them to have fond memories. So, I told him that maybe the Easter Bunny would pop in today since we were gone over the weekend! It worked out well ~ while the Easter Bunny typed up the clues and letter, the boys played with Brayton's newest Birthday present (came in the mail while we were gone from Grandma Jane & Grandpa Tom) Wii Music ~ side note: the boys are now saving their money for a guitar and drums ~ guess who wants to buy which. . . Anyway, after I had the clues in place and the wrapped gifts ready, I put some of that fake grass on the table along with a few of their decorated eggs, M&M's and the Easter Bunny letter and then tried to get them to notice so the hunt could begin. That is easier said than done! Chris and I thought we could get the dog to bark and then we'd pretend she must've been barking at the Easter Bunny. After calling her, opening & shutting outside doors (usually works!) and trying the door thing again, she finally barked. Twice. So, it was all we were going to get to work with. I ran downstairs to see if the boys knew why she was barking (okay, I was stretching it a little here, but didn't want to give it away to Brayton). They didn't have a clue and could've cared less because they were making music videos. I will shorten this up a little here so I don't lose you. . .after 3 trips upstairs and me circling the table where the eggs & letter were laid out, they finally noticed it (actually it was all Bray, Taite didn't want to waste his time because he obviously thought we were losing our minds!). Brayton loved his cooking set and Taite had already read 1 of the 2 books I got! He whispered 'thank you for the books' to me tonight (so Bray wouldn't hear) when I was making supper and I apologized because he'd already read one of the books. He said, "No, it's like Mrs. Linbo always said 'a good book is meant to be read more than once' or something like that and I really liked that book!" Well, he was so sweet about it. 



That is awesome. I love how big your boys smile. I am not car polling this week but if you want to meet next monday for coffee I woould be all in. I will even have your vinyl done:-)
ReplyDelete