Thursday, April 30, 2009

I hope you can keep up and follow me. . .

I have a TON of stuff to share with you, so I hope I remember it all (some isn't so important as just funny) :~) and I hope it makes sense!
1) Yesterday we had an appt. for Taite to have his plantar's wart burned off his foot. They used some kind of very cold stuff (I can't remember what it was ~ -400 degrees liquid stuff) and spray it on the affected area for 10 seconds x 3 with small "warm-ups" in between the blasts of cold air. We really had no idea how they "froze" warts, but we've been trying Compound W and Taite was complaining that I wouldn't take him to the Dr to remove his wart, so he got what he wanted. . .or not! He was very nervous and had many questions, but I need to back track a little to a funny story:
Nurse: Let's check your height and weight.
Taite: I am 4'10"
(I explained that they had just measured last week is why he was so sure ~ the nurse measures him)
Nurse: Looks like you are 4'9 1/2".
Taite: Well, we did have a sub that day in school!
While we were waiting for the Dr. Taite was squirmy and all over his seat. I told him he couldn't ask any questions, just to wait and see ~ haha ~ totally NOT Taite (the not asking questions part!) She explained all that was going to happen (I was embarrassed by his foot odor, but she didn't seem to notice) and I tried to convince Taite to lay on his stomach so he wouldn't watch (he's really a wimp when it comes to this sort of thing) but he insisted on sitting up and watching! After the first blast of cold, they wait for about a minute for the area to not be white anymore and then they blast it again. Taite wanted her to wait a little longer because it was still stinging when she went the second round, but she insisted on forging on. Hopefully we got it with this one trip to the Dr because Taite said he won't do that again and she said if it's not all healed over to come back in a week to 2 weeks, but no later! GROSS FACT: In reading about warts (not sure if it's just Plantar's warts or all) they are caused by the HPV virus and show up after 1 - 20 months of coming into contact with this virus! FUNNY NOTE: While we were in the room, Taite was reading the posters and the word 'wart' catches his eye on the poster for GENITAL WARTS!!!

2) Last night was a first trial run with Josey. Steph was getting a massage at where our cousin teaches and so we watched Josey. It went perfectly fine with her ~ with our own son, not so much!

3) Brayton was in a very whiney mood and after listening to it all through supper, Chris decided he didn't want to work with Brayton in the shed (side note: Chris bought an old cab for his tractor that needs some cleaning up and then painting, so Brayton's motivation lately is to help with that). After Chris told him they wouldn't be working on that, Brayton lost it! He cried/hollered, hit walls, shut doors and every once in awhile would come out of his room to see if we could still hear him for an hour. All because he said that Chris had "promised" him to work on the cab and then he "lied" because they didn't do it! He was SURE they wouldn't get to work on it tonight (they did) and so he was just devastated! Josey fell asleep through the whole thing and slept most of the time and then after he had settled down, Chris snuggled with him in the rocking chair. Sometimes, just when you think they are too big for that, they still need it!

4) Pictures: I was going to take the camera tonight to soccer (just Taite goes now ~ Bray has no interest), but I enjoy my fingers too much! The wind picked up about 10 mph, I swear, when I sat down to watch Taite play! It was freezing, but I promise to get some pics soon! I know they make reading the blog more interesting and what the hey, I'll even throw in some of the cab and it's diligent workers too!

5) I mentioned that last Saturday Brayton was torn and wanted to go garage saling, but decided to get his Legos instead. Well, I thought he had forgotten all about saling, but today I received this email from his teacher (the subject line: cute. . .).
I just wanted to let you know what Brayton shared with the class today during Morning Meeting. He let everyone know that he was going garage saling this weekend. :) It was so cute and the kids were so excited for him! :) I love it!
Can't you just picture 22 little first graders all excited because their friend gets to go garage saling?! Haha!! Brayton was surprised that one student didn't know what a garage sale was!

6) BAGS!
Okay, so I do have a couple of pictures. Isn't this the cutest bag you've ever seen??? I know ~ me too!!! I wanted the little flowers on the bottom to be a little bigger, but could only find this size and I think they look perfect! I had to stitch each one on individually so they wouldn't fall off. The close up is so you can see them more clearly, but I didn't want the flash to wash the color out ~ not sure yellow is the look I was going for either, though!
I am now on a mission to find some more summer fabric for 2 reasons. First, I am going to donate a couple of bags for (follow me here. . .) my cousin's son's friend's benefit (he's battling cancer and is only 15/16ish!). I love making these and I like even better if someone can sell it and help out a good cause! The 2nd reason is because Monica and I are going to be rich! Well, she said there is a need for cute bags and can hold all purse things AND a camera/equipment. We have to get our prototype done by the end of May (shouldn't be a problem) and then we'll be rich (her words, not mine) :~) Oh, don't worry, I won't forget about all of you when I'm rolling in the dough ~ I'll keep you updated on what it's like when living with no worries ~ hehe
HAPPY MAY DAY! (tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. I love love love that bag! It is so cute. Brays teacher is going to be so lucky. Someone always comments on how cute mine is!

    ReplyDelete