Last night I was a good mom (kind of) and let the boys decorate the eggs for Easter. Grandma used to do this with them, but she didn't have the cups of highly concentrated dye either. I hated every minute of it ~ I know, I'm not nice, but I am not enthused about trying to get that dye out of rugs and clothing if they spilled and then leave me to do all the cleaning. Nothing was spilled, but they aren't done either because we still have those sleeve things to put on and then dip the eggs in hot water, so they will shrink to fit the egg. I don't foresee any messes with that one, but you never know. . .
Today I went with Brayton and his class to the Public Library (in Rochester) and to St. Mary's. At St. Mary's they go through a scenario of a patient getting their tonsils out (in a play-type way). All the kids get to volunteer for one "character" and they had props and everything. One thing that was really cute was the Dr, Nurse & Anesthethiologist all get to wear scrubs and everything. Here are some pictures of the other students getting prepped for the OR!
The Dr's & Nurse overlooking the patient (looks like a dire prognosis):
Brayton got to draw the patient's blood for the pre-op surgery testing.
Just a picture of Brayton's friend, Josh, and Bray
The class in front of St.Mary's main entrance
Each of the kids got to take home a bag with some coloring books about having surgery and some other goodies. Here is Brayton with some of his stuff on (he was smiling until I reminded him that I can't see it behind his mask) :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment