Monday, April 27, 2009

Ok, call me a 'moron' and I DON'T mean the Hawaii 'moron'!

Remember my friend Laurie? Her daughter was diagnosed with diabetes last summer and they are participating in the Walk for curing Juvenile Diabetes. I decided I wanted to walk with their team and not just donate money ~ I can always use a date to exercise :~) So, what I didn't realize (the moron part) is that I'm supposed to "bring" my own donations to the fundraiser! I know I asked already once for this, but if you haven't helped Katelyn out, then can you help me out?? After having already made a donation, I don't think I can count my donation. When you make the online donation (even $10 helps!) you get a confirmation email and it says what cause you donated to, how much and if you print off the email, you file it away for your deductions on your tax returns next year :~) Oh, and if you would be so kind, put in a good word with the Lord for sunny beautiful weather on the 17th ~ hehe ~ okay, that's just me being picky! I'll walk in any weather. . . well, maybe not in a tornado, but in that case, I would think they'd cancel or postpone the walk.

When I think of childhood illnesses like these, I am even more grateful for the lack of illnesses in our boys! Any donation I can give is so much smaller than what our costs (both emotional and in actual funds) could really be! My heart truly goes out to families like Katelyn's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment