Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm being harassed (by my son)

Taite strongly believes that any and all movies are available for download (and asks me about finding it all the time!). . . Even as he has sat with me while we search out "I Love Toy Trains" movies for downloads and nothing comes up, he just thinks I am doing it wrong. I've spent way too much time already on this and then I thought 'the reason he thinks this should for sure be available is because the kid does NOT like to hear the word NO'. He is our 'arguer'. If we say the boys need to go to bed in 5 minutes, before we even say the 'tes', he's already lobbying for 15 minutes. He's very good at this. . . Brayton has witty comebacks, Taite is good at negotiations. In the bedtime situation, he will usually get them another 5 minutes, so they'll get ready for bed in 10 minutes. Unless, of course, I've had it with his "negotiations" then I'll be stubborn and stick to the 5 minutes, but most times he gives us a "look" and gets his way. Well, with the toy train movie downloads, I'm afraid he won't be able to have his way, but it won't be for a lack of trying. I even pointed out to him on Sunday that he was on the Internet himself and he knows how to search for things, but that lasted all of 3 minutes. . . Which brings me back to the question "why am I spending so much time on this when I know we won't come up with the result he wants???" The closest I've come is he can buy the DVD and we could save it on an SD card and put that into his MP3 player and maybe he can watch it that way, but I believe there has to be some converting in there somewhere. Oh well, I'll argue that point with him tomorrow. He was already disappointed that I wasn't going to volunteer to pay $10 for him to have a movie on his MP3 player! (a different one ~ they have all kinds of new releases and stuff, but he only wants the toy train video). I asked him if he knew how many people were probably looking for this I Love Toy Trains movie to download to their MP3 player and he guessed thousands ~ my guess: 1.

This morning when Brayton got up for school he was crying. Something about not being able to play before school (I took the boys and Bray's inhaler to school this am) because Taite had played with his toy and left the switch on, so it didn't stay charged and needed to be charged up again. Tonight after school, he was whining again. . . So, when he said he didn't want to go to soccer ~ NO ONE ARGUED WITH HIM!!! Of course he didn't get to bed early (was going to the bathroom), but hopefully he'll sleep well and tomorrow will be much better!

Tomorrow after school the Student Council kids get to do ditch clean-up. I'm not sure where they are assigned to pick-up, but I am thinking of helping out. I asked Taite if they needed parents help (just seeing if he read the letter they sent home) and he said 'no'. Then he asks "do you want to help?" Welllll, it's not so much that I want to help, it would be more like a feeling of obligation. . . We'll see how busy I am at work tomorrow and then I'll determine if I can go help.

Here is an old picture I was experimenting with ~ the color on Bray's face was washed out in the original, but I tried to use just the Photo Shop picture thing, but it didn't do the best job. I still like this cropped and not so bright ~ I think it would be a good candidate for the website Monica likes iheartfaces.blogspot.com ~ this is one happy, colored sugar-smiling kid!

1 comment: