Friday, April 3, 2009

Just an update

Today I helped with stations in Bray's classroom. Having the latest cold to spread through our house, I wasn't really myself, but I think I masked it well :~)

Brayton was very boisterous today and another mom who has 2 older boys (high school age) said he was just being a boy and they don't outgrow it. It got me thinking that most times I really don't mind. It's when we are with other people that I try to be conscious of the boys and their "happiness". So, if you have ever been with us at one point and the boys were extra-loud, but we didn't say anything to them ~ I apologize. You see, at our house, if they aren't fighting and crying, we tend to tune it out. There are days that even we can't tune them out, but for the most part, they are free to be "boys". On the way home, I was quietly listening to them. Brayton's voice was getting higher and louder the more Taite laughed. They always describe these made up scenes with crazy characters and happenings and then laugh hysterically about it ~ must be a brother thing. . . I am just (may have mentioned this before) :~) sooooo grateful that they get along as well as they do! I can certainly say that I don't EVER remember times like that; which is probably why I don't see the need to say anything to them. I really want them to remember all the laughter and fun they had growing up even if Chris and I aren't always in on the laughing ~ LOL (no pun intended!)

I did catch part of one of their "ideas" and Brayton was telling Taite (blah blah blah) and then he says "Do you get it sewer? You know 'sue her'? You know, like they were going to 'sue her'? 'Sewer'? 'Sue her'?" (remember ~ voice is getting higher and louder with a little giggling in there) Taite says "No, I don't really get it." Brayton . . . . (wait for it. . . ) "Yeah, neither do I!" WHAT?! It was too funny ~ then they both broke into peals of laughter (again)!

It's been brought to my attention that I don't mention Taite enough on here :~) He is still around, it's just that Brayton is the "character" of the two! Taite is usually the one laughing. Tonight, though, they were playing with the dog and next thing Brayton comes up to say that Baby ripped one of the blankets downstairs. . . He brought it up and feathers were following him ~ it was a down blanket! When Taite came up (Brayton said Baby just ripped it, it wasn't anything they were doing) he said they were hiding under the blanket and Baby was trying to get to them when she ripped it. She is definitely Taite's dog! I think if his loft bed had a regular ladder with flat boards for steps she'd try to climb that to get to him! If we do get the snow that they are predicting for this weekend I can work on fixing the blanket and making a duvet so you won't see that it's ripped :-) That's not so bad because the blanket is just a worn navy blue, so a duvet would be perfect!

Oh, yesterday I took Brayton for his follow up on his surgery and he is super duper fine!! It's oh so evident in his attitude and quirkiness!

Well, that's all I know ~ if I think of anything more, I'll let you know :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment