This afternoon I picked the boys up from school for a variety of reasons (I'll let you know shortly) :-)
First, Brayton asked last night if they could be picked up from school today because his change in his wallet was getting very heavy and he wanted to trade it in for paper money. We went to the Credit Union first and he got to work the change machine (they have one in the lobby that you put your money in and when it's done counting, it will give you a receipt, which you take to a teller and request to deposit, get cash, etc.) and then we asked the nice teller to give him the cash back. Of course it was $6.95 and I didn't bring my purse in, so that's what he got back, which was okay because he counted it all out and she did a good job because she gave him the exact change! (I want them to always remember to count their money right away because if there is a discrepancy, it's hard to prove that after leaving the bank! ~ you learn that from being a teller!!)
Then I wanted to turn in Taite's registration for the summer courses that he was eligible for. I hope he gets the classes he was hoping for! I was going to let him choose whatever he wanted, but his 2nd choice was about Harry Potter and for what we had to pay, I would rather he learn something he might be able to use later in life . . . (sorry Carmen, he wanted to make you proud) :~)
We grabbed sodas and then were off to Rochester. Well, the soda thing was kind of funny. . .I wanted a pop so I stopped at a machine outside the grocery store. Brayton asked if he could get one too and I said I'd have to see how much $$ I had first. I had a $20 and $1.70 ~ pop was $1.50/bottle. Brayton jumped all over that and couldn't wait to buy a pop! Taite was going to skip it because the $1.50 was too much. Well, I didn't say anything and then next thing, Taite changed his mind. (this is interesting in a little while)
We had to go to Rochester because last week I bought Taite some shoes and today when he went to wear them to school, Chris informs me they are too small (I had measured his foot and thought we had allowed for some wiggle room ~ they were a size 6 in boys). I took them back and we ended up getting a men's (YES MEN'S) size 7.5!!! After exchanging for these bigger shoes, the boys wanted to go to Target because they had found some Star Wars cards at Shopko and didn't have their wallets last week (not something I will buy for them!) but had them today. So, we went into Target and they found what they were looking for (actually, they were looking at something ~ in the trading card area that was $14.99 and I said "too much!") so they settled for these card things for $5.99. On our way home, I asked Taite why he so quickly spent his $6.41 (with tax) for those card things and had a hard time spending the $1.50. . . Brayton wondered too because "$1.50 was much cheaper than $6!" Oh and I forgot to say that Taite was carrying his change, wallet and cards in his hands as we walked out of Target, so I told him to put his change in his wallet. He went to do that and realized he had $.14 instead of $.09 ~ the cashier had given him a dime instead of a nickel. He went back inside to get the correct change and was quite proud of himself ~ with good reason!!
Tonight the boys spent most of their time putting together the Star Wars things. I thought they were trading cards ~ oh NO! They are thin like a credit card, but thinner and more flimsy and they have to try and put them together. So far we have tried to glue two of the pieces back together, but I wish I could take a picture so you could see how small these things are. . . Nearly impossible ~ what we do for our kids :~)
Well, tonight I broke down and put my snowman dishes away. I was just delaying because Chris likes the coffee cups, but I'm sorry, Spring is coming and he needs to deal with the different cups. Although, I can relate to only liking certain ones (which is why I delayed this for him) :~)
Now you really know everything that has happened with us so I'll let you be (for the night) LOL
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment