Yes, our days around here are all about Brayton's surgery. Well, almost. Yesterday morning Chris had the coffee pot all set to go and when he turned it on, the light would come on and nothing would happen. It was just one of those Gevalia ones that you pay like $14 for and you get 3 lbs of coffee with it, so we weren't real heart broken, but he wanted coffee dang it! It was kind of funny because he was in a little bit of a panic. He's normally not a big coffee drinker, but since we've bought the Folger's that is easy on your stomach (supposedly made from "good" beans) he can drink some and it doesn't bother his stomach. I keep trying to convince him that we need a new pot with a carafe so it'll keep the coffee warm for a long time without the pot being on, but he didn't like the price. . . MEN! So. . . if anyone wants to get him a auto off coffee maker with a timer for his birthday (maybe a carafe kind ~ hehe) for his birthday, he'd love it :-) For the time being, we are using the one out of the camper that has the cord wrapped up because when we used it at the office, a mouse chewed the cord ~ ick!
This weekend my mom's sewing machine quit, so of course we had to take it to be repaired yesterday . . . oh about 8:30 we had to leave because Saver's has their $.99 tags! I found a few things (one pair of pants still had the mfr. tags on!) and my mom found me a set of salt/pepper shakers (you wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a decent set!). After Savers mom went to Michaels and I went to Old Navy because Josey needs a sweater to go with her baptismal gown (baptism is next Sunday). When I walked into ON (or Old Lady as the boys used to call it!) there was one of their racks I LOVE to see up front: the $.97 rack!! It had a bunch of hooded sweaters for women on it and I picked out 2. I made my way to the baby stuff and happened to find 1, yes only 1, sweater that was white and happened to be the right size for Josey! I figured the price could NOT be correct because I had 2 sweaters for an adult woman at $.97 each, so $17.49 did NOT sound right, but thought if they can't find anything else, might have to work. As I turned around, there was another rack with winter (well, not really heavy ones) coats on it ALSO for $.97! I found one that I kind of like how they look on other people, but wouldn't normally buy it because I don't need a coat, but for $.97 I like to have the option of another coat! I'll get rid of a couple of them that sat in the closet all winter and I have yet to wear! We ate lunch at the Chinese restaurant that's kind of a 'given' when we go to Savers on Monday and then looked for more sweater options for Josey and finally got the sewing machine dropped off. We got home and I had an hour before I had to get Bray for his appt. (not a real busy day at work for me!)
I picked Brayton up for his appt (he was a little concerned ~ remember the last time we had lunch, but it wasn't for a good reason . . .) and we didn't have to wait 1 1/2 hours this time! Yea! I did witness something in the waiting area that enraged me, however, in the short time that we were there. To simplify things, I'll label the people:
Woman #1: doesn't look real on top of things, sloppy dress, the girls didn't listen really well (one decided to take her sock and shoe off just to walk around ~ mom didn't notice it happening and then announces (always loudly, you know those people who feel like everyone wants to know what they are doing/talking about?) "where did your sock and shoe go?" as the other daughter takes her shoe off too to be like her sister) so that's kind of that family ~ the girls looked to be about 2 & 3 years old
Woman #2: Dressed nicely had twin infants in car seats who had just brought them in for shots. The twins are in the car seats as the mom gets situated to go to the car
While W#2 was getting her gloves on and ready to go, the girls from W#1 were talking to and kissing the infants. W#2 didn't seem to care and was chatty with W#1 and finally when she was all ready, W#2 picked up her babies and left. She probably didn't have them loaded in the car when the nurse opened the door to the waiting area to announce that W#1's daughter's culture was negative, but they would retest in 48 hours!!!! I could NOT believe it!!! W#1 was there because she thought one of her kids has strep and she lets them kiss and touch those infants ~ how stupid (I'm sorry, I have to use that word!) can you be???!!! I was so mad, I felt like going to the desk to tell them to contact W#2 to let her know her kids may have been exposed! UGH!
Anyway, Bray's appt. went well and they said that he has to get better from the cough that he has and have no fever develop for his surgery to go as scheduled. If any fever develops or if his coughing get worse, they'll postpone this elective surgery! When we made the appt, the next available one wasn't until March 31st, so we need to keep him healthy, or get him better anyway before next Tuesday! That's why when he asked if he could sleep until lunchtime today, I didn't argue! Please pray for his health! We need to get this surgery done ASAP. After we left his Dr. appt, he slammed his thumb in the van door ~ ouch! We did get him 2 GameBoy Advance games, though, so the day of surgery and after, hopefully they will help him to stay occupied. Taite is a little upset that Brayton is getting "everything", but I might have to buy the new movie Beverly Hills Chihuahua that comes out today (well, maybe it's for me too ~ hehe ~ it just looks so darn cute!)
Oh yeah, we laminated their chore charts yesterday and they are so excited! Well, I should rephrase that ~ Brayton was excited, Taite thinks there should not "decimals before the numbers" on what they get paid for each job! He thought he should get paid more for each job! I think he'll be surprised how quickly it can add up, though, when he does his chores each day!
Well, I hope you are all healthy! Until next time. . .
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment