Tonight we were eating supper and Chris was talking about his class size in high school. The conversation went something like this:
Chris: Taite, when I was in school, there were only 7 boys and 3 girls.
Taite: What does that mean?
Me: You wouldn't have good odds as a teenager!
Brayton: Were you one of the 7?
Chris: What do you mean ~ was I one of the 7 or the 3?!
Yep ~ that's what he meant & his sense of humor!!!
Boy have we missed it! It's sad that I could forget something like that, but the better he feels after his surgery, the more stuff like that he says! LOL
Today, I am so excited to say that we got his red bike from his birthday list @ Walmart!!! I can hardly wait for his birthday now. That doesn't seem like a big thing, but I am going to confess something here. It really says what a bad mom I am, but I don't really like the boys' birthdays. Well, let me explain. . . I like to celebrate them! I just don't like planning the party, getting everything ready for the kid party and the family party. I don't like the worrying about having enough food, having enough things to entertain a houseful of 7 year olds and making sure no one gets hurt (from the kid party, not the family one LOL)! I used to make the boys cakes (Taite liked trains, so that was fairly easy), but that also added to my stress. Thankfully, Chris has taken over the cake decorating and is very good at it too! So, I'm hoping that with an awesome gift for Bray this year will help me to maintain enthusiasm for his party planning and celebrating. Then just when I think I'm doing good to get all of this stuff done, I hear about another mom who has made goodie bags for the whole class for their child's birthday and that adds a whole new level of stress because how could I NOT think of something like that?! This being a perfect parent thing is soooo hard!
Tonight for a family movie, we watched The Legend of the Sea Horse or something like that. Not something I would normally watch (I'm not a fan of fake creatures like that) but it was a really good movie and I'm glad I took the time to sit with my boys, all 3 of them, and enjoy some "family time". I'm really going to miss our HBO when the free trial period is over!!!
Well, that's all I have to share, hope all of you are healthy and happy!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

About being a perfect parent...I have always thought you've done a great job with the boys but Brian tells everyone about how well Taite and Brayton behave. He tells them that he's confident that you'll do a great job watching Josey (which I still hope you want to do cuz if you don't I've got to scurry to find daycare)
ReplyDelete