Today was Brayton's first day back after surgery. He was thrilled that it was also St. Patrick's Day so there would be 2 reasons to celebrate. He was giddy this morning as he went to the bus. We weren't sure if we needed to give him a shot of albuteral, but he wasn't coughing, so we sent him off as-is with an email to Mrs. Bendzick asking her to please let us know if he began coughing. Well. . . we didn't hear anything all day from her and when Bray got home he said he didn't cough all day ~ yippee!! Chris asked him if his friends were happy to see him and he said he didn't know. Apparently he just jumped back into the swing of things and didn't feel that anyone noticed he was gone. I'm not so sure I buy that since his teacher said that everyone was excited for him to come back.
Tonight before and after supper, the boys played Star Wars outside. They wore their tennis shoes, so they were all over the yard. Taite kept putting the dog back into the house and we kept letting her out because she just ran around the house to the doors to see if she could see the boys outside. We finally convinced Taite that she would be okay outside when they were out there and wouldn't run away. . . She was excited just to run with the boys. While all of this fun was going on, I had the job of cleaning up the dog doodoo in the yard. It wouldn't be so bad if Niko wasn't doing his business in our yard in addition to our dog ~ that made me gag!
On Sunday Monica and Matthew came over for lunch and to watch the college basketball team that Monica's husband is a fan of (he was sick ~ or Chris just thought he was not sure Duke would win) :-) They gave Brayton a get well gift of a cool black hoodie and a little lantern. Brayton has hardly taken off his new favorite "coat". He had to take it off yesterday for the allergy test, but it's been on most of the rest of the time. I'm glad it's black because his favorite part are the thumb holes in the cuffs of the sleeves! I might have to get him another one for his birthday so we can trade off the clean/dirty one :~)
Chris is stressed lately about work and the effects the economy is/will have on us. Strangely enough, his eyes are taking the hit from his stress. They are so gross/red looking ~ but just the inside corner of the eyes, though. He did some research online and couldn't find anything on the stress and red eyes, but I definitely notice they are worse if he speaks to someone who gets his blood pressure up! The only thing he did find was that if his eyesight isn't effected, then just leave it be. I've requested that he use Visine, but he can't ever seem to find any, but he tried allergy eye meds. . .
I went in tonight to kiss Bray good night (he was already sleeping) and I'm still amazed in how quietly he sleeps. I actually had to stand there to watch his chest. I am so glad we had that surgery done and, again, Dr. Erbach is our hero!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I have to pass your post on to Shana. I think they are at the same place with Kaden that you were with Bray before.
ReplyDeleteFYI: Those coats are on clearance at Walmart right now for a really good deal. You could buy 2 for Taite too at the price they are. I love that they have the thumb holes. I LOVE that myself:-)