The boys have been asking us for an allowance. To earn one, we've discussed jobs they could do and we'll have a set amount of money they will receive for doing those tasks. Chris and I were supposed to be figuring this out all week, but still didn't have anything, so yesterday we got out the easel (the boys love playing with that!) to brainstorm. We made a list of chores and deductions. Then we went back and assigned rates/fees. They were very disappointed to learn that say getting a check mark at school would cost them a dollar, but feeding the dog only earned them 10 cents. Taite was discouraged by the earning amounts, but what we tried to show them is if you do all the little things every day (picking up toys and rooms) it will be easier and they will earn quite a bit by the end of the week. Apparently when the boys were up late the night before and fighting colds still, is not a good time to start this. They were fighting and complaining more than before we started. So, we finished the day deciding we would start the chores at a later date, but at least we got a good start on planning and understanding how it will work. Now, I just need to make up a chart for each of them to mark what they did/didn't do for keeping track. It also wouldn't help that in a week, Brayton wouldn't be able to do his chores anyway from a couch or bed.
The boys are already enjoying Grandma & Grandpa's new movie room! Yesterday Taite decided he wanted to try and watch Pirates of the Caribbean again to overcome his fear (they watched it Friday night, but he spent some of that time upstairs because it was scary). He got all dressed and brushed his teeth and to give him grief, I asked him how he was going to get over there. Next thing I know, the door bell is ringing! Taite called Grandpa and asked him to "go for a short drive (to our house)" to pick him up so they could watch movies! Little turd! So, while they were gone, Chris and I covered the windows downstairs in the living room and watched movies too. Chris would absolutely LOVE to have a movie room too, but we just don't have the space. Maybe after the boys move out, we'll change one of their bedrooms to the exercise room, but that is a few years off ~ LOL (oh, just found my fav. squiggly thing on the baby laptop! yea!!)
Today I woke up with a congested head. The kind that Brayton had earlier. My nose is clear, but there is so much fluid that I'm afraid to yawn because my left ear pops and then hurts. It also rings constantly or sounds like static now. UGH! I wish it would warm up soon and with daylight savings next week, spring is right around the corner, right?? Along the same lines, we've had to neb Brayton a couple times this weekend. I hope that goes away soon so he can have his surgery as scheduled. Otherwise the next openings weren't until the very end of March! Hope everyone has a good week!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment