Today I could call in from 1:30 to 3:00 to find out what time Brayton's surgery is for tomorrow. Drum roll. . .
Not until 12 :(
We can check in at the hospital at 11 and then we sit in his private room until around noon when they should come and get him for surgery (remember no food or drink after midnight tonight ~ well, in his case, it's going to be 9). Chris has vowed to not eat or drink anything either, so they just finished their late night snack and Brayton is now in bed. After coughing all morning today, I pray that this surgery does exactly what everyone is hoping it will do!!
~ We can't wait to have a healthy boy who will sleep through the night without waking himself up coughing.
~ I don't know what he will look like without the purple under his eyes.
~ We all wonder how much he will grow right away because he will have a restful sleep!
We are all just excited ~ on second thought, not all of us. Taite is playing the guilt card because Brayton got to stay up late tonight and is getting special treatment. I told Taite we did do that for him too when he had surgery, but it's never the same, especially when he can't remember. I think he cried himself to sleep, but I did listen to his reasons for feeling the way he does. I so don't want to dismiss them just because that's my first reaction ~ seriously - his brother is having surgery! He said he was upset because we never play Wii with him at night and we are always working. I couldn't really argue the second half of his statement, so I told him to come ask me when he wants to play Wii. Normally, they just get on the computer or watch CN so they could care less if we were working. I just reminded him that even though he assumes I'll say no, it couldn't hurt to ask me. (side note ~ he has not cried himself to sleep yet, he just remembered he has to find a snack for school ~ sheesh, no wonder he is crabby!!! He thought it was difficult getting up this morning!)
So, wish us well (prayers accepted too) and hopefully we will bring home a boy on the road to recovery tomorrow afternoon!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I have an idea. Maybe while Brayton is recovering in the next couple days you can bring Taite into Rochester and meeet Matthew and I for dinner. It can be a double date with mom thing. Let me know if that works out. I have a feeling that after he sees all the pain his brother is in he will be really glad it is not him.
ReplyDeleteI hope Brayton is okay. I have been thinking about all of you all day. Please let me know what I can do. Poor guy. I know how he feels. Tell him I said that he is lucky there is no swimming pool in site.
ReplyDelete