Tonight Brayton went to bed and was coughing terribly. We got him up and nebbed him so he will hopefully get a good nights rest. For the neb, Bray wanted something to play with (this is almost an hour after we put him to bed, so, no, no toy). Instead, I asked him if we could just rock. He agreed and after his neb was all done, he had his eyes closed, so we rocked. It's sad how quickly they grow up. I look at Steph and her troubles with getting Josey to sleep and I remember all those nights that I was content to sleep with a baby on my chest, just so all of us could get some sleep ;-) Now, I have to be content with stealing a few moments with a sick boy by rocking him after he's gone to sleep, but know that I can't stay like that for long because he really isn't getting very good rest. Chris carried him downstairs and my arms feel empty. . .
Tonight I was helping Bray get through his homework (it took about an hour) after being gone today. One sheet he had to do was math. This kid is a whiz at math and I'm not quite sure. Here's why:
He had this problem to solve ~ 3+5=?
I'm thinking '5, 6, 7, 8' (using fingers is still acceptable at this age)
Brayton talks a little to him self, I catch 'add 2. . . it's 8'
WH - HUH?? So I asked for an explanation.
Well, you know that 5 is more than 3, so you add 3+3, which equals 6 and then you add the 2 left over from the 5 to get 8.
I asked him if this was a way he learned this at school or just his way and he said he taught himself that. . .I guess if it all works out in his head and he gets the right answer every time. His teacher did say that he doesn't read like anyone else, so maybe he does his math differently too!
Of course last night Taite was trying to figure out what you could multiply 6 by to get 24. He said "oh, it's 3!" So I said "3x6 is what?" As I am waiting for Taite to answer, Brayton yells out (supposed to be doing his own homework in the kitchen) "it's 18! Am I right? Isn't it 18?!" Taite recalculated and then figured it out that 6x4 will give him 24 :-)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment