Last night Chris slept in Bray's room and took over med duty. That's not the best sleeping and for whatever reason, I thought he had set the alarm in our room so I could wake Taite up. Well, Taite woke me up at 6:52 and the bus comes at 7:05. You know how a normal person would be running around like crazy? Not Taite! He just tells me "I slept in." I made him hurry up so he could still make the bus. Needless to say, he only brushed his teeth and got dressed before the bus came. I sent him to school with a water bottle and pop tarts for on the bus (hoping he wouldn't get caught ~ they can't eat or drink on the bus).
We stopped all Bray's pain medicine and he hasn't complained at all about his throat hurting, so that's a good sign. Today he was Picasso. He painted his thank you's for his class and Sonja and Greg. He painted a Dot picture (that is his class' story for the week The Dot), a picture of himself standing in the kitchen painting and all the house features he could see, and a picture of dragons fighting ~ one spit fire and the other water and one had a sword, not sure which one. At 2 he was asking me how much longer before Taite came home. Mrs. Bendzick emailed me a cute conversation she overheard today:
the boy were talking this morning and Josh yelled out, "I wish it were Monday!" (The kids usually don't like Mondays because they have to come back to school). Then Cameron goes, "Oh yeah...I can't wait until Monday!" So I asked..."Oh what's so great about Monday?" They both yelled out "Brayton will be back!"
Tomorrow they are having stations in the morning for only an hour or so, so Bray and I are going to go in for stations. I think it'll be good for him to see his friends and is just the right amount of time so he won't over do it! We also made an appointment for him to see the allergist. Since we've met the deductible on him for the year, he's going to be all "figured out" by the time December 31st rolls around! His appointment is Monday for that and hopefully it doesn't take too long to get the results with allergy season right around the corner!
Tonight Grandpa Tom came over with movies for the boys and a humidifier for Bray's room. We went out to eat and Brayton looked good, but got a little tired during the meal. It's hard to remember that he looks normal, but is still healing! We went to Victoria's to eat (Italian) so after I was done with my meal, I asked Taite (discretely) to see if I had anything in my teeth (I smile gently). He opens his mouth awkwardly, as if in pain and scrunches down to inspect my teeth! Geez the kid has no finesse! I told him to look not so obviously, but he wanted me to sit with a smile plastered on for 5 minutes while he inspected. . . I have a little work to do with him! It turned into a big joke for us (I did have 2 glasses of wine, so I wasn't all that mortified at his reaction to my teeth inspection request ~ hehe). Oh, and did I mention that Taite had a crush on the waitress. She was cute and had a super personality and every time she left the table he'd turn to me and say "we have the best waitress!" Then he'd get embarrassed when I said he had a girlfriend ~ go figure!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I did miss this post. I hate when I miss a post. I am all caught up now.
ReplyDelete